Help Needed With Windows 8.1

Try a wireless mouse make it much easier

You’ll need to finalise your DVD.

Is aNyone else having problems getting windows 10 ?

No not a problem got both phones on it all is runs fine and both tablets are on it

Deeireland:

You can download it from here.

You download and install the Download Tool then with that you can download and either save or install Windows 10, if you’re upgrading from Windows 7 or 8 you’ll need your Windows product key.

Nope if on windows 8 just your ms account

Look at it windows 10 and mobile 10 should work very well it’ll make getting the kids a windows phone or tablet worth while just the family safety aspects

alix776:
Nope if on windows 8 just your ms account

OK I didn’t realise that, I upgraded from Windows 7 myself.

tachograph:

Deeireland:

You can download it from here.

You download and install the Download Tool then with that you can download and either save or install Windows 10, if you’re upgrading from Windows 7 or 8 you’ll need your Windows product key.

Thanks tacho I’ll try that .
Is it worth it?

Deeireland:
Is it worth it?

For anyone upgrading from Windows 8 I’d say it’s definitely worth it, but then I hated Windows 8 and think it rates along side Windows ME :open_mouth: … OK it may be a slight exaggeration to compare it with Win ME :laughing:

There are things I like about Windows 10, and on the whole I’d say it’s a decent upgrade.

I’ve always had doubts about Microsoft’s ability to produce an OS that works on all platforms, I like the idea but I think it’s always going to be a compromise which is why I hated Windows 8 so much, it was in my opinion an OS designed for the mobile platform that would also work on the desktop, with Windows 10 I’ve been surprised that they’ve managed to produce an OS that is certainly acceptable on a desktop and has some good new and improved worthwhile features.

If I’m honest I think Microsoft still have some work to do on Windows 10 but on the whole I like it.

My biggest gripe about Windows 10 is those bloody coloured rectangles on the start menu, why MS think that in the year 2015 coloured rectangles are good I’ve no idea, I’ll probably dies complaining about coloured rectangles, I just don’t get it :laughing:

There live tiles carried Over from windows 8 the idea as on windows 8 it’s gives you the info at a glance without having to go into the app

The coloured rectangles are live tiles and one of the best inventions Ms ever created! I’ve a Windows Phone and a work iPhone and the iPhone home screen is a dead waste of space where as my live tiles on my Windows Phone mean I rarely have to open many apps as the live tiles give me so much information

This is on a desktop computer.

The live tiles I can can agree about but not all the coloured rectangles are live tiles, in the start menu all the programme icons are now in coloured rectangles which in my opinion is unnecessarily ugly.

Admittedly I can change the colour of the rectangles but as yet I can’t find a way to get rid of them and have just the programme or folder icons like Windows 7.

It’s a small part of the OS so I can live with it, but I’d rather not have to :frowning:

Win10_StartMenu.jpg

mushroomman:
Hi Guy’s, please can anybody help me with this problem, first of all I know nothing about the technical side of computers so any layman’s terms would be greatly appreciated.
I bought this H.P. Pavilion 20 Windows 8 desktop about two years ago and about two months ago I started getting messages saying “upgrade to Windows 8.1 now/ ask me later”. I kept clicking on the “ask me later” box for a few weeks and then one day it just came up “up grade to Windows 8.1 now” which I didn’t want to do but it was the only way that I could close down the page.
In the past I have been able to download “My Photos” and music on to a D.V.D. with “Windows Movie Maker” but since I did this 8.1 upgrade it keeps telling me this function is not available on this computer and that I must pay for an upgrade.
Now my questions are, is this normal and if I do have to pay for an upgrade could anybody recommend something that will let me put photos and music onto a D.V.D. which I can also copy and is not too expensive. :confused:

Regards Steve.

That why i run OSX

apple.com/uk/shop/browse/hom … ldeals/mac