"Heavy Haulage through the years"

DEANB:
Talking of things for sale Patrick,theres a tidy looking ex army recovery Crusader for sale on ebay,think
it was 6,500 ! [emoji38] :wink:

Don’t tell him that Dean. He’ll be selling his tent and bike to buy it!! [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

pv83:
These are up for sale… anyone fancies a Oshkosh… :wink:

Many years ago whilst tramping the streets of Sydney looking for a job I saw an Oshkosh parked in a side street. Not a heavy hauler like that one, an ‘ordinary’ road going semi.

Got chatting to the driver and he invited me in for a look. It was just as spartan as that although I don’t think the engine was in the cab because the thing that struck me (apart from all the bare metal) was how tiny, narrow and cramped the cab was.

He was about to set off for Melbourne for his nightly run and intimated that he could well do with a second driver. I was getting desperate at the time, but not that desperate. I don’t think it was even a sleeper.

So I’ll pass on that beast I think. :wink: :laughing:

moomooland:
0Not sure if this is for real or been photo-shopped :confused:

My money is on photo shopped Moomooland,it just doesn’t “sit” right,there are supports mid position that don’t sit on anything,it’s definitely not taken in the UK,but an interesting scene nontheless.

David

Just Checked out the KNM Megalift website and its not photoshopped, was taken in Malaysia. Some good photos on the site also. Photo of load on barge.

Malaysia Heavy Transport KNM Process Jubail Export Refinery by Lima Bintang Logistics
Also a video about one of the turbines:

Of course, Mammoet’s expertise was called on to help with the move:

Fascinating JS, but it being where it is, there is always some mug on a scooter squeezing past. :unamused:

Wouldn’t you have thought though, given the advance planning required, that they could have blocked those roads off completely, from the parking if nothing else?

Spardo:
Fascinating JS, but it being where it is

Like JS mentioned in his description it was in Malaysia, note the traffic drives on the left.

Here’s a few more oldies a bit closer to home.

cwl.jpg

Pickfords London.jpg

moomooland:

Spardo:

Like JS mentioned in his description it was in Malaysia, note the traffic drives on the left.

Precisely, that is what I meant, no traffic control. One scooter rider tried to squeeze past halfway down the trailer on an inside curve :frowning: .

Good evening pv83

Where are these Oshkosh s up for sale?

The trailers are Portuguese - are the tractors there as well?

Who knows another “toy” that SWMBI won’t know about!

moomooland:

Spardo:

Here’s a few more oldies a bit closer to home.

Great stuff Moomooland, The Leyland Comet looks dwarved with its very wide load, Keep them rolling, Regards Larry.

jsutherland:
Malaysia Heavy Transport KNM Process Jubail Export Refinery by Lima Bintang Logistics
Also a video about one of the turbines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Xt1oHMNpw

I forgot to mention that I believe it was 80 meters long. Not for the faint hearted. Patrick would probably like the challenge [emoji3]
Johnny

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Back in the late 70’s I worked at Kaelble for about one year with a handful of other Brits helping to build the KDVW 400/500 S. It was an experience that motivated my decision to continue in that branch for a further twenty years in Germany, sadly Kaelble building the KDVW 400/500 S for the Libyan army had consequences that later led to their downfall.
I’ve attached a photo of the KDVW 500 S before being delivered to Libya.

Love the chap standing on the tail , what’s health and safety ? At least if he falls off he has his hi viz on so he can’t get hurt .

SteveOR:
Back in the late 70’s I worked at Kaelble for about one year with a handful of other Brits helping to build the KDVW 400/500 S. It was an experience that motivated my decision to continue in that branch for a further twenty years in Germany, sadly Kaelble building the KDVW 400/500 S for the Libyan army had consequences that later led to their downfall.
I’ve attached a photo of the KDVW 500 S before being delivered to Libya.

Thanks for the post and information SteveOR. Was quite a machine!

I found the following information on the website.
Kaelble, the company was founded in 1884 as a repair facility. The production then expanded to cover heavy tractors and in 1939 began the production of Front Loaders.
In 2002 Kaelble was acquired by Terex corporation.
In August Atlas Maschinen GmbH has acquired all intellectual properties and inventories of the Kaelble Loader
Business.
http://www.kaelble.com
http://www.atlasgmbh.com/en/index.aspx

rigsby:
Love the chap standing on the tail , what’s health and safety ? At least if he falls off he has his hi viz on so he can’t get hurt .

We’ll spotted Rigsby. He is invincible when wearing that hi-viz.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

jsutherland:

rigsby:

We’ll spotted Rigsby. He is invincible when wearing that hi-viz.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

You would think he would have taken a chainsaw with him to trim those trees.

Dig

Commer Q2 tractor unit-001.jpgAnother from the archives a Commer Q2 tractor unit is hauling the fuselage, note the guy sat up in the rear turret.

I’d take a bet that is a Stirling fuselage , fair bit of weight on the old Commer .