"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Bewick:
Sheffield this morning.

Transhipping with crane in the yard on Saturday morning.
Mr. T Ponsonby the latest Class 1 Driver to join the MAP HH Fleet ! 18 year old and holding a Class 1 HGV, a crane ticket, an FLT ticket and a 360 excavator ticket plus large agricultural tractors ! Top man ! :wink: :smiley: Cheers Dennis.

Buzzer

Buzzer:

Bewick:
Sheffield this morning.
Transhipping with crane in the yard on Saturday morning.
Mr. T Ponsonby the latest Class 1 Driver to join the MAP HH Fleet ! 18 year old and holding a Class 1 HGV, a crane ticket, an FLT ticket and a 360 excavator ticket plus large agricultural tractors ! Top man ! :wink: :smiley: Cheers Dennis.

Buzzer

Don’t know what I would do on TN without you keeping an eye on me John ! :blush: :unamused: :wink: Thanks mate ! Dennis.

Send him to Gravesend in a BMC mastiff :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Buzzer

325687190_1857858801237418_7867128452923467839_n.jpg

Lance Biscomb:
Send him to Gravesend in a BMC mastiff :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Cheeky B ----- Lance :wink: I’ll have you know that Robinsons Sacks on the Esplanade in Rochester was the Mastiffs southern base and we also ran into British Sisal Kraft at Strood .
This is a shot of the first load I did with the second new Mastiff in October 1970. It was a good job as we ran 18/20 ton loads down and reloaded the same loads back after they had been printed with the ICI Perspex logo then they were slit down at Beetham and delivered to Hillhouse works.

The trailer was one York’s loaned us while they were building two new SL tandems which wern’t ready when the new Mastiff went on the road.
The Borderers replaced the Mastiffs and it was them that were run from Gravesend from 1973 onwards ! Cheers Dennis.

All credit to eastleighbusman for the photos.
Oily

Buzzer

It’s an OAF:

s-l500.jpg

Buzzer

Buzzer

Note the B model Mack on the bottom of the page.

SNIP3697 (2).JPG

Where is FJM 150J when you need it :laughing: Bewick

Buzzer

327734323_1254062295205841_886425963983023246_n.jpg

Lance Biscomb:
Where is FJM 150J when you need it :laughing: Bewick

Ex Derby down to Southampton Docks today ! I wonder how many other 18 year old Lads in the UK could handle this outfit and load ? :smiley: :wink:

I thought CAT 2 was 6 axles ■■

Buzzer