"Heavy Haulage through the years"

DISPATCHER:
pv83
The frame is 60t King with manual necks,the bogie
probably heanor mod

Cheers for the info DISPATCHER :wink:

Found another one…

ERF NGC ‘European’ with an added (ie replacing 4x2 set up) rear bogie in France in the service of Cauvas. Robert

A bit before my time,…just one question how the hell did they survive? not a hi-vis or hard hats in sight …( nmp )

Ossie

Great thread this- pv83 is obviously an authority on the subject, and his enthusiasm shows through.

Look at the weight those ordinary 4x2 Heanor tractors are carrying- the trailer behind the F88 has four times the number of wheels as the drive axle of the Volvo! The 400 looks like it is on the bump stops stationary- who said the Seddon axle was not up to much?!

Some really really great pics here lads!
Here is some from me. Al from the first part of the 80ths

Danne

IMG_7805.JPG

IMG_7806.JPG

IMG_7807.JPG

IMG_7800.JPG

pv83

Other Heanor l/l either a Watson or probably a Trailmaster, but I might be wrong trying to remeber Trailmaster
hydraulic set up (age thing)
E.Hull ltd Foden still in a yard in Dorset, tried to buy some years back but he wanted to much ,or I was being too tight.

Some more good pics been put on here !

Click on pages twice to read.

Article from 1986.

Article from 1984.

Dirty Dan:
Some really really great pics here lads!
Here is some from me. Al from the first part of the 80ths

Danne

Some proper stuff there Danne, cheers!

ERF-NGC-European:
ERF NGC ‘European’ with an added (ie replacing 4x2 set up) rear bogie in France in the service of Cauvas. Robert

Those NGC’s look far more better as heavy haulage tractor’s eh Robert :wink:

OssieD:
A bit before my time,…just one question how the hell did they survive? not a hi-vis or hard hats in sight …( nmp )

Ossie

Cheers Ossie! Takes us right back to the beginning…and how they survived? Common sense mate, wasn’t more to it… :wink:

Hi Patrick,
A tight squeeze this one was, Charmouth tunnel before it was by passed in 1990,2nd pic after by pass had opened, tunnel is now used as a shooting range

1-charmouth tunnel.jpg

Slide150.JPG

DISPATCHER:
pv83

Other Heanor l/l either a Watson or probably a Trailmaster, but I might be wrong trying to remeber Trailmaster
hydraulic set up (age thing)
E.Hull ltd Foden still in a yard in Dorset, tried to buy some years back but he wanted to much ,or I was being too tight.

[zb]
anorak:
Great thread this- pv83 is obviously an authority on the subject, and his enthusiasm shows through.

Look at the weight those ordinary 4x2 Heanor tractors are carrying- the trailer behind the F88 has four times the number of wheels as the drive axle of the Volvo! The 400 looks like it is on the bump stops stationary- who said the Seddon axle was not up to much?!

No worries DISPATCHER, will have a wee look on Trailmaster’s…it’s been a while since I’ve heard that name actually, are they still “out and about”?

Cheers Anorak, but I’m anything but an authority or expert on this subject… :wink:
Now, correct me if I’m wrong (which I am usually…) but I’ve heard or read somewhere that the motorway bridges were designed to cope with 44t…per axle that is… :open_mouth:

pv83:

Love the white shirt and tie that the Teddy Beck’s driver is wearing,classic!

Keep em coming all!!

David

DEANB:
Some more good pics been put on here !

Click on pages twice to read.

Article from 1986.

Article from 1984.

Proper articles Dean, cheers!

But honestly mate, a bloke that goes by the name of Kermit… :unamused: :laughing:

Quote: " Tagging along behind is a generator truck, linked to the shuttle’s trailer by an umbilical cord. The generator provides all the electric power needed to drive the trailer’s hydraulic systems"…Why not simply put a powerpack on the rear bogie then…? Bloody yanks…

5thwheel:

pv83:

Love the white shirt and tie that the Teddy Beck’s driver is wearing,classic!

Keep em coming all!!

David

Long before Stobbies came up with that :laughing:

pete smith:
Hi Patrick,
A tight squeeze this one was, Charmouth tunnel before it was by passed in 1990,2nd pic after by pass had opened, tunnel is now used as a shooting range

Cheers Pete!

Indeed a tight squeeze…if you look at that second pic, one can hardly imagine it did fit…?

The following was posted some time ago on the “long departed Southampton hauliers” thread by Trunker08, but it fits on here perfectly I reckon…

Hill’s from Botley…

IMG_0017.jpg