"Heavy Haulage through the years"

DEANB:

DIG:
Is that a wagon from that firm that was on the telly?

Yes Patrick a former Heavy Haul truck with a million dollar paint job unfortunately was sold off in the receivers sales,I.m not sure if its now West Aus based and the other photos are also W model Kenworths the red one I owned and the other other I drove during the late 70s in the cattle industry.

Dig

This Kenworth may bring back some memories Dig. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

Cheers Dean, reading the article already got me sweating!

Some old adverts…

Various
Oily

Heavy Haul STGO  Richard 35740963741_1003182b60_rs k.jpg

Heavy Haul STGO Andrew Breeden 28793255684_39914f8db2_AB k.jpg

Heavy Haul STGO Richard 33927433548_3b5aac836c_ RS k.jpg

Heavy Haul STGO Manchester Richard 27761507029_231aaf14fb_rs k.jpg

Heavy Haul USA RyanP77 cc by nc sa 2.0 17115889376_3bffcf9412 RP77 _o.jpg

Heavy Haul USA RyanP77 cc by nc sa 2.0 16934456127_763dce0c65_rp77 o.jpg

Can’t fool me Oily, is this the wagon you use when you play “heavy haulage” on your game console? Don’t blame the grandkids now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Heavy Memoli cc by nd 2.0 35064975320_dc2ab79c6f_Memoli o.jpg

pv83:
Can’t fool me Oily, is this the wagon you use when you play “heavy haulage” on your game console? Don’t blame the grandkids now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just testing Patrick :laughing: what’s a game console :question: :blush: :confused: :laughing:
Oily
One for you to dream on.

Heavy Haul jacob cc by nc 2.0 16623954089_ce71c17d18_jacob o.jpg

oiltreader:

pv83:

Just testing Patrick :laughing: what’s a game console :question: :blush: :confused: :laughing:
Oily
One for you to dream on.

Beats me Oily, you’ll have to ask the younger ones on here… :laughing:

Looks nice, but who’s going to polish all that chrome? :blush:

Old French wagons …

Cheers Senior :wink:

This one is interesting, I reckon it’s modified with that glass house to instruct new tank drivers?

I took a Leopard from Holland to Kraus Maffei in Munich once that was fitted with such a instructor pod, it was going to be fitted with a aircon unit on top of the pod because apparently temperatures reached the higher numbers during the summer…

Got a photo of it somewhere, I’ll dig it up once I’m home again.

3217736951_1_3_3NAr2NnU.jpg

That’s what’s known as a Cali 9, it appears to have a California plate, which makes sense. They don’t like tridem bogies down there, so instead of running a tridem and single axle booster, like you can in 47 other states, you need a very heavy duty tandem and a tandem booster.

A tree feller/buncher and a stripped for shipping container fork lift that have kept me busy for the last few weeks. The forklift was made in Louisville Mississippi by Taylor, I did two of them, one up to Toronto and one to Edmonton, the feller/buncher got me home from Edmonton and delivered 10mins away from my place.

newmercman:
A tree feller/buncher and a stripped for shipping container fork lift that have kept me busy for the last few weeks. The forklift was made in Louisville Mississippi by Taylor, I did two of them, one up to Toronto and one to Edmonton, the feller/buncher got me home from Edmonton and delivered 10mins away from my place.

Pretty truck…shame about the driver , as Alex deborgorski used to say lol…

Looks like your headlight lenses are starting to get hazed from all those miles your doing, when you switch em, have you considered those ones with the black interiors…look really mean them ones

BTW where’s the roo bar we are all waiting to see fitted, especially with all that cash your in your pockets now ?

newmercman:

Nice batch again NMM, cheers :wink:

Just wondering why the forklift was stripped of it’s axles…?

Back in the day… when going into London wasn’t such a hassle…

Fergie’s idea of getting the job done rapidly… :unamused:

Spot the differences… :unamused:

20170707_100950.jpg

newmercman:
That’s what’s known as a Cali 9, it appears to have a California plate, which makes sense. They don’t like tried bogies down there, so instead of running a tridem and single axle booster, like you can in 47 other states, you need a very heavy duty tandem and a tandem booster.

Sorry NMM you have me buggered now with tridem bogies tried and single axle boosters etc seem like its a different ball game over your way compared to the rest of the world still one thing we all have in common are the people who make the rules generally confusing for the men who do the job.

Tell me are those front wheel nuts on your prime mover got extensions ?

Dig

Rsg123456789, I have LED bulbs in those headlights, they’re very good lights, especially on high beam. I’m going to get the big bumper soon, I’m undecided which style to go for though, it will be a Herd, but which one I don’t know, either the Big Tex or the Super Road Train.

PV83, the axles come off to keep the weight down, that body weighed 80,000lbs, any heavier and it would need another axle. The mast, axles and wheels all go on a flatbed, together they weigh 45,000lbs so it makes a legal load, so it’s the cheapest way to move it.

Dig, yes those spikes are extensions, they’re only plastic chrome screw on things, they’re completely legal too.

Older foreigners

Those pictures of the DAF 8 wheeler jogged my memory Senior, was new in the Van Seumeren fleet, and sold on to Van 't Hek, I always thought Saan had it too, but that’s another ex-Van Seumeren unit as I just found out…