"Heavy Haulage through the years"

pv83:
Ta Dean! There’s not a chance that dodgy Volvo F88 of yours can beat that! :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Behave Patrick ! Keep taking the medication ! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Patrick ever the professional doing what he does best… :unamused: :wink:

pv40.PNG

Thanks for the history lesson ! :wink:

Some Aussi heavy haulage.

Another history lesson then, this time about the “birth” of Mammoet…

On May 13, 1807, Jan Goedkoop purchased a 140 ton sailing cargo ship, ‘Twee Gebroeders’ (Two Brothers). The first Industrial Revolution (Factory Age) was just a few decades old and the second one, the Transportation Age, was still to come. The Dutch monarchy wasn’t even in existence yet (1813).

Jan Goedkoop was one of many visionary entrepreneurs who would lead companies, out of which the current Mammoet emerged. He foresaw the ever greater need for transportation in a growing and industrializing society. In fact, with ‘Gebroeders Goedkoop’ he set the tone for a company that is always at the forefront of market developments, even defines them. In the decades that followed, a transportation company grew with numerous freight and passenger ships, and salvage services.

In 1966 Van Seumeren Kraanbedrijf was founded, active in crane rental. Frans van Seumeren is the son of the founder and came to work with the company in 1973. The family Van Seumeren would be pivotal in the growth and professionalization of the global market for heavy lifting and transport. They would initiate numerous innovations in equipment and processes, always pushing the boundaries of what technology and imagination can realize.

In 1971 Gebroeders Goedkoop merged with heavy transport & lifting company ‘Van Wezel’ to form ‘Mammoet Transport’. In 1973 Mammoet Transport became part of ‘Koninklijke Nederlandsche Stoomboot Maatschappij (KNSM) in Amsterdam, and changed its name to Mammoet. In 1973 Mammoet Shipping was founded. KNSM was sold to Nedlloyd in 1981.
Van Seumeren aquires Mammoet

With the help of private equity firm NPM and a bank, Van Seumeren acquired Mammoet in 2000. Acknowledging the better resonance of the name ‘Mammoet’ in a global market, the merged company was called Mammoet. The lifting of the Russian submarine ‘Kursk’ in 2001, brought international fame for Mammoet and added to a tremendous growth of the company in the years to come, from several hundred million euros in 2001, to over a billion in 2011. In 2006, SHV Holdings acquired the majority of the shares in Mammoet from its subsidiary NPM and the bank. In 2011, SHV acquired the remainder of the shares.

In the last four decades, Mammoet has evolved into a world market leader in the field of engineered heavy lifting and transport. We have been able to do so thanks to a team of creative engineers, numerous innovations in equipment – be it in cranes, jack-up systems, gantries or trailers - and a professional workforce, renowned for its craftsmanship and adherence to the highest safety standards.

DEANB:

pv83:
Ta Dean! There’s not a chance that dodgy Volvo F88 of yours can beat that! :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Behave Patrick ! Keep taking the medication ! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Patrick ever the professional doing what he does best… :unamused: :wink:

Thanks for the history lesson ! :wink:

No need for medication mate, I’m in some sort of “institution” right now…you should see the “nurses” taking care of me… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nice batch of Aussie stuff Dean, cheers for posting!

Forgot to mention Stoof, one of the first that was involved in heavy transport, or better one of the first that invented it…
In 1972 they to merged into the Mammoet group, making it even a bigger firm then it already was…

First some pic’s then from Van Wezel…

Map%201a%20foto%2021%20geen%20tekst.jpg

After some turmoil the decision was made to step out of the Mammoet group and start trading under the “old” Van Wezel name again (see the last two pic’s, where the Mammoet logo has vanished…), this became to be a successfull decision, however in the early nougthies Van Wezel merged into the Wagenborg group, all that’s left now is the footage…

Foto%20101.jpg

Stoof

Stoof

Stoof

Foto-8YV7ODZ8-D.jpg

The loaded end
Oily

Heavy Haul LW09 cc by 2.0 3920732170_8bde3e48af_LWo.jpg

Heavy Haul Alf PD Pegson_Automax_1300avb_p4.jpg

Mammoet Kenworth T800 Tri-Drive.

DEANB:

Good stuff Deanb the Lampson company well known in the site crane and heavy haulage industry and they have depots all over Australia, a good company to work for as an owner driver good rates and quick payment.
i don’t know much about the Company supplying the Contractor as a push unit other than they are based in Bayswater Victoria.

Cheers Dig

pv83:
17191375_210436982768593_7385493979265721054_n.jpg

Something’s gone wrong here, by the look of it. The rear axle must be horribly overloaded, to make the tyre that shape. :smiley:

Good post Patrick ! :laughing:

Some Aussi aulage.

aussihh.PNG

aussihh1.PNG

aussihh2.PNG

Anyone know how much this macine would weigh ■■

aussihh3.PNG

DIG:

DEANB:

Good stuff Deanb the Lampson company well known in the site crane and heavy haulage industry and they have depots all over Australia, a good company to work for as an owner driver good rates and quick payment.
i don’t know much about the Company supplying the Contractor as a push unit other than they are based in Bayswater Victoria.

Cheers Dig

Dig, Apparently on that job the Kenworth got stuck on a up hill section going through a tight entrance.
The old constructor was brought into action and pushed the lot over the incline and through the
entrance !! :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

pv83:
Another history lesson then, this time about the “birth” of Mammoet…

On May 13, 1807, Jan Goedkoop purchased a 140 ton sailing cargo ship, ‘Twee Gebroeders’ (Two Brothers). The first Industrial Revolution (Factory Age) was just a few decades old and the second one, the Transportation Age, was still to come. The Dutch monarchy wasn’t even in existence yet (1813).

Jan Goedkoop was one of many visionary entrepreneurs who would lead companies, out of which the current Mammoet emerged. He foresaw the ever greater need for transportation in a growing and industrializing society. In fact, with ‘Gebroeders Goedkoop’ he set the tone for a company that is always at the forefront of market developments, even defines them. In the decades that followed, a transportation company grew with numerous freight and passenger ships, and salvage services.

In 1966 Van Seumeren Kraanbedrijf was founded, active in crane rental. Frans van Seumeren is the son of the founder and came to work with the company in 1973. The family Van Seumeren would be pivotal in the growth and professionalization of the global market for heavy lifting and transport. They would initiate numerous innovations in equipment and processes, always pushing the boundaries of what technology and imagination can realize.

In 1971 Gebroeders Goedkoop merged with heavy transport & lifting company ‘Van Wezel’ to form ‘Mammoet Transport’. In 1973 Mammoet Transport became part of ‘Koninklijke Nederlandsche Stoomboot Maatschappij (KNSM) in Amsterdam, and changed its name to Mammoet. In 1973 Mammoet Shipping was founded. KNSM was sold to Nedlloyd in 1981.
Van Seumeren aquires Mammoet

With the help of private equity firm NPM and a bank, Van Seumeren acquired Mammoet in 2000. Acknowledging the better resonance of the name ‘Mammoet’ in a global market, the merged company was called Mammoet. The lifting of the Russian submarine ‘Kursk’ in 2001, brought international fame for Mammoet and added to a tremendous growth of the company in the years to come, from several hundred million euros in 2001, to over a billion in 2011. In 2006, SHV Holdings acquired the majority of the shares in Mammoet from its subsidiary NPM and the bank. In 2011, SHV acquired the remainder of the shares.

In the last four decades, Mammoet has evolved into a world market leader in the field of engineered heavy lifting and transport. We have been able to do so thanks to a team of creative engineers, numerous innovations in equipment – be it in cranes, jack-up systems, gantries or trailers - and a professional workforce, renowned for its craftsmanship and adherence to the highest safety standards.[/

Thanks for the history lesson! Never knew that van seumeren bought mammoet. Really interesting post thanks taking your time to post!

Danne

DEANB:

DIG:

DEANB:

Cheers Dig

Dig, Apparently on that job the Kenworth got stuck on a up hill section going through a tight entrance.
The old constructor was brought into action and pushed the lot over the incline and through the

DeanB thanks for that ,Lampson use predominately Mack with a sprinkling of KWs and Western Stars,obviously the Contractor was close and I.m sure it would have been pretty low geared compared to the more modern units although i know Lampsons had joey boxes fitted in most heavy haul units.

The 996B Liebherr weighs in at 742 tonnes with bucket.

Cheers Dig

DIG:

DEANB:

DIG:

DEANB:

Cheers Dig

DeanB thanks for that ,Lampson use predominately Mack with a sprinkling of KWs and Western Stars,obviously the Contractor was close and I.m sure it would have been pretty low geared compared to the more modern units although i know Lampsons had joey boxes fitted in most heavy haul units.

The 996B Liebherr weighs in at 742 tonnes with bucket.

Cheers Dig

Thanks Dig, Well i must admit i thought it looked heavy but thats more than i thought. Must cost a bloody
fortune.

[zb]
anorak:

pv83:

Something’s gone wrong here, by the look of it. The rear axle must be horribly overloaded, to make the tyre that shape. :smiley:

Well spotted there. Yes something had gone wrong this photo was taken after the load had shifted when my uncle was driving this FTF, it was as he said a heart stopping moment when he thought whole load was going to push him over. The problem was there was supposed to be extra fastenings put on but only the sea fastenings were on and as you can see from photo,s what happened and the recovery. Also goes to show how strong the FTF was.

This FTF was brought over specifically to assist Magnaload carry out their work in moving these modules from the vessel to Milford Haven. First photo is in it’s original Big Lift livery as you can see fleet number is the same. Then one with Magnaload livery. Newspaper article just gives a bit of background to work carried out. My uncle said once they got the ballast sorted out it was a brilliant heavy mover and sounded glorious with that Detroit singing!!