"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Changed days for Ruttle Plant Hire low loaders (http://www.ruttle.co.uk/)

TROOPER 8011:
Foden 4400 - I & H Brown, Perth - (L404JSF):

Here is one of I & H Brown’s older DAFs.

I remember they also had a Mack which pulled their load-loader. I couldn’t find it, but did find a picture of the Mack that pulled one of their fridges (Patrick will be banning of the forum for posting a pictuer of a fridge on here). If I remember correctly the driver was called BJ from BJ and the bear. I helped him change a punctured tyre one night in Dover - many moons ago…

Good pics there Johnny,
Here is another fridge from the same company,

jsutherland:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Some top photos there Lawrence Dunbar.

DeanB, strikes again with another cracking article.

I will have some more old ones floating about Lawrence/Johnny i will see if i can find them. :wink:

jsutherland:

Heres a bit on Ruttle’s Johnny ! :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

pete smith:
Good pics there Johnny,
Here is another fridge from the same company,

Nice one Pete.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

What in all that’s holy is this ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■ Care to explain yourselves Johnny and Pete, honestly, I leave you two alone for just a second and what…? You just felt the need to post some ■■■■■■■ fridges? On the ■■■■■■■ HEAVY HAULAGE THREAD!!!

That’s it Johnny, I’m giving Mrs S a ring, see can sort you out mate… and as for Pete… buy me a couple of brews and all is sorted mate…

jsutherland:

Would those drivers prefer that Mack or Merc I wonder…

jsutherland:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Some top photos there Lawrence Dunbar.

DeanB, strikes again with another cracking article.

Here here :wink:

pv83:
What in all that’s holy is this [zb] [zb]?! Care to explain yourselves Johnny and Pete, honestly, I leave you two alone for just a second and what…? You just felt the need to post some [zb] fridges? On the [zb] HEAVY HAULAGE THREAD!!!

That’s it Johnny, I’m giving Mrs S a ring, see can sort you out mate… and as for Pete… buy me a couple of brews and all is sorted mate…

Keep your hair on young fella, well in a manner of speaking since you haven’t got much, actually none. [emoji16]

Please don’t phone, or I’ll be on bread and water for a week.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

DEANB:

jsutherland:

Heres a bit on Ruttle’s Johnny ! :wink:

Thanks DeanO
Interesting views of the trucks not sure I would agree with them,I owned 2 Macks both were money pits and although I drove some cab over KWs not as comfortable as a bonneted truck.
Dig

pv83:

jsutherland:

Would those drivers prefer that Mack or Merc I wonder…

Given the choice Patrick mad if they didn’t go with the Merc.
Dig

jsutherland:

pv83:
What in all that’s holy is this [zb] [zb]?! Care to explain yourselves Johnny and Pete, honestly, I leave you two alone for just a second and what…? You just felt the need to post some [zb] fridges? On the [zb] HEAVY HAULAGE THREAD!!!

Keep your hair on young fella, well in a manner of speaking since you haven’t got much, actually none. [emoji16]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Would three hooked up constitute HH and square things up a bit Johnny
I have me coat on. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dig

A mate Mark in Derby West Aus sent this picture of this unit to me heading down the Derby high street on its way to the Jetty for shipping to Koolan Island
Dig

DIG:

jsutherland:

pv83:

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Would three hooked up constitute HH and square things up a bit Johnny
I have me coat on. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dig

You are a true friend DIG. You have saved the day.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

DIG:
A mate Mark in Derby West Aus sent this picture of this unit to me heading down the Derby high street on its way to the Jetty for shipping to Koolan Island
Dig

Great pics Dig,keep them coming me olde mucker i do like the Australian stuff ! :smiley:

That pic shows how many blow outs they must get with the smaller tyres getting so hot,looking at
how many spares they have on the trailer !

Unipower trucks.

DEANB:
Unipower trucks.

Cheers Dean. Another great article.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny