Heavy haulage in the 1970s and 1980s

The scania with a very short nose is actually a normal scania with a slight nose added on, after being sold from Parnabys it went to Ken Thomas demolition. Theres some pictures of it on here somewhere, possibly on a 143 thread

hi ya everyone, back in the 50ty and 60ty it was the nome to load long load over the cab and have an over hang at the rear of trailer,had some near miss’es with trolly buses when turning some tight corners, :unamused: :unamused: police did not bother you as long as you kept going, :laughing: :laughing: you would’nt get away with loads like this one now.bumper

That black & white pics a cracker Bumper :laughing:

This the one dessert nose was just for show & had the scania 9spd range change but was double drive

Hi greek
Yes thats the one it looks better there than i remember. Thanks

Regards Keith.

bumper:
you would’nt get away with loads like this one now.bumper

probably just as well we don’t - the bloke has half demolished the wall behind him already :unamused:

last time i heard, tom llewelyn was pig farming in osmotherly - as someone said, rikki should know?

greek:
This the one dessert nose was just for show & had the scania 9spd range change but was double drive

hiya, i remember that scania now, did russell tomlinson drive it for a while :confused: :confused: great photo, bumper

I think you could be right bumper not sure, I started for Gallacher 1995 lad in second pic John Scott good lad, he drove it till it was sold to Thomas Demolition then another mate of mine drove it for them Conner Halpin. Parnabys didnt have it that long but Gallachers did most of Parnaby`s work so I presume he bought the wagon & the work

Apologies if I’ve stolen these pictures, I cant remember where I saved them from, but this is the Parnabys scania in its days with Ken Thomas. The murals have been left on the side