Health & Safety

Freightdog, That is called a Salvo. If you wanted to, you can still move with spare keys and a shunt button. (Do not know why you would want to though)

truckyboy:
There was a case of H/S the other involving the singer SUBO it was her birthday, and they brought to her a birthday cake on stage, along with a man in a high vis, with a fire extinguisher, now thats h/s gone mad.

You have to give them a break there’s probably a fair amount of candles on it now :grimacing:

Ah you live and learn. I guess it’s sto stop accidental driving away, mis communication etc. Like you say why would you use the shunt button, that would be going down the avenue of a deliberate act to move truck knowing it was unsafe.

H&S is a good thing, designed to protect us from injury
The H&S briefings to which you refer are there to protect the company from prosecution or litigation.
Consequently, never just sign a form acknowledging that you have received H&S briefing as it might pass the liability from them to you.
If you have to sign it, write the word, “Subject” above your squiggle.
Then, when you are being cross examined in court, you can say that the briefing was subject to noise, distractions, confusions, misunderstandings etc

When I went to load at a food factory during one of the flu epidemics we had to sign a declaration and one of the questions was “Have you been in contact with anyone who had recently returned from an area that had had this disease”. I signed it not to my knowledge and they wouldn’t accept it. Eventually they relented but the attitude was it had to be yes or no.

I made the point that when I was shopping in Sainsbury’s or Morrisons I didn’t ask everyone that I passed in the aisles whether they had been to this particular area.

If you are not sure then say so, then it can’t come back and bite you.

You can’t fit a salvo/bomb or any other suzie type lock onto a rigid. Not all RDC deliveries come on an artic