Headlights in fog

bestbooties:
Worst of all is the workers who are so used to travelling to or from work at the same time every day they don’t seem to notice the approach of dark mornings and dark afternoons,so always travel with NO lights on!
WTF,how do they see the vehicle’s dashboard/speedometer is what I would like to know.
Then there is the brigade who drive around with all combinations of dead lights,One headlight and two fog lights,two headlights and one fog light,or worst of all,one headlight and one fog light,on ONE SIDE of the vehicle!
Doing night trunk I tend to notice the lighting habits of motorists more than most I suppose.
The number of vehicles with one or more lights out or badly adjusted head lights must surely outnumber those with legal lighting.

That is the truest statement i have heard in along while .

I was driving through thick fog last night on the A1 heading south to London .Pootling along at a steady 50-60 i was rather startled to come up behind a black 4x4 which had a rear spot light fitted ,presumably to illuminate the back of the vehicle when they reverse into another kid on the school run ,Anyhoo this numpty thought it would be a wise decision to supplement his fog lights with the spot light ,it was really confusing

I was chatting to a security guard the other day about people driving with their fog lights on and side lights in normal conditions. He said he does because he got pulled by the Police who said it was illegal and he’d get a ticket. The guy told me that he thought he’d challenge the cop and continue to drive like it. This is what your’e up against, dicks like that.

Side lights are for being parked/stopped as a marker, head lights for normal driving in all conditions and Fog lights when visibility is reduced to 100 metres or less and turn them off immediately after, not leave them on for weeks after nor drive with Sides and Front fogs, (You don’t look cool, you look a ■■■■■ or put fog lights on in the rain, its also illegal and will get you a ticket.

I don’t get how you could turn off your rear fogs but leave on your fronts.

Putting fog lights on at 70 tailgating is something on morons do

starfighter:
The problem is many new cars light the dash with the ignition. As they can see the dash they forget to put the lights on.

+1

That’s my take on the cause of the problem too.

carlclay:
‘…Headlights in fog … thoughts please…’

I use them sparingly if the potential for cyclists is likely since my ‘shouting-out’ my 50+ feet length and thirteen plus foot height with lights ablaze surely diminishes the prospect of some poor sap riding legitimately & respectfully on a treader or small moped, etc, of being seen at all.

Let’s bare it in mind that a ‘bit of mist’ is not necessarily a ‘pea-souper’, whereupon lights-on when they’re not necessary suggests unprofessionalism and that the driver is:

1. A sheep
2. A pompous bully
3. Personally insecure
4. Unknowledgable/Unaware of their vehicle controls
5. Cack-scared of having a scrape
6. Doing what some unqualified, BBC Traffic announcer thinks is the right thing to say about ‘…always drive with your fog’s on, folks…’ (which really makes my ■■■■ pout)
7. All the above