Having breaks on fuel pumps.........Again

Now thats 2
Or is it 3

It is about time the DVSA, started checking g drivers tacos after fueling a truck at the pump… is it really that hard to pull of the pump to take a 15 … if you have the truck on break whilst refuelling well, let’s hope you get fined idiots.

discoman:
It is about time the DVSA, started checking g drivers tacos after fueling a truck at the pump… is it really that hard to pull of the pump to take a 15 … if you have the truck on break whilst refuelling well, let’s hope you get fined idiots.

Why hope they get fined?

It will take me about 20 minutes if my tanks are empty to walk to the shop and hand my card in, fuel up, pull forward, walk back to the shop and pay and walk back.

Why get your frillies in a bunch about me having a break then?

In the older days when I had a real lorry (4x2) daf, it had twin tanks1500L, that took 1/2hour to fill up, pull up take card in, would be given a coffee,while I waited,nobody ever said anything, maybe the guy waiting behind,would ask were had you come from, and which boat, but none of this, getting shirty,or strutting round like a puffed up peacock, just relax and wait.

I suppose all these new plobbers, working for pointy shoes logistics movement organs, can’t wait, because it’s all about them.

eagerbeaver:

Conor:
Dunno about you but when I get back in my cab after fuelling up I tend to do things like fill in the paperwork on my run sheet I have to, make sure I’ve plugged my phone in, sat nav if I’m using it is doing what it is supposed to, coffee if I bought one is placed in cup holder and get nice and comfy before setting off, all things you’re not supposed to do when driving.

Sure it can be annoying if you’re waiting for someone to move so you can get on but a minute when you’re waiting for someone to move seems like a hell of a long time and if it knackers your day up that much you should consider going working for someone else. If it gets your ■■■■■■■ ruffled that much you should consider changing career because you’ll have a heart attack if a minor hold up gets your blood pressure up that much.

So if it’s no big deal, then why don’t you move your truck forwards or out of the way to do paperwork/get comfy etc?

Even if he does that you still can’t go anywhere and you will be blocking the pumps, chill out or get up early

Wheel Nut:

eagerbeaver:

Conor:
Dunno about you but when I get back in my cab after fuelling up I tend to do things like fill in the paperwork on my run sheet I have to, make sure I’ve plugged my phone in, sat nav if I’m using it is doing what it is supposed to, coffee if I bought one is placed in cup holder and get nice and comfy before setting off, all things you’re not supposed to do when driving.

Sure it can be annoying if you’re waiting for someone to move so you can get on but a minute when you’re waiting for someone to move seems like a hell of a long time and if it knackers your day up that much you should consider going working for someone else. If it gets your ■■■■■■■ ruffled that much you should consider changing career because you’ll have a heart attack if a minor hold up gets your blood pressure up that much.

So if it’s no big deal, then why don’t you move your truck forwards or out of the way to do paperwork/get comfy etc?

Even if he does that you still can’t go anywhere and you will be blocking the pumps, chill out or get up early

What part of " out of the way " are you struggling with?

bobbya:

robroy:
I keep rambling on about how drivers used to be with each other as opposed to some of the present sorry arsed [zb] with Class 1s today. :unamused:
Just like other adpects of the job, it was just the ‘‘done thing’’ to fuel up and instead of hogging the pump pull forward to let the next lad in…and then go and check in/pay…(in fact some of US still do that, the ones who aren’t selfish [zb] :bulb: )
It’s ok the likes of Conor saying ‘‘If you can’t wait 2 mins’’ etc etc, :unamused: but it may be important to the driver if time is tight, and jack all to do with work as such, more to do with drivers welfare :bulb:
Maybe to…get home after a week or more away, or to get on a boat in time, or to get to a favourite park up point as opposed to a [zb] lay by or something, or just to get to the [zb] pub…who knows, but why be a [zb] and hold others up. :unamused:

I can’t believe some of the ■■■■ poor attitudes on stuff on here sometimes. :unamused:

+1

+2

TheUncaringCowboy:

discoman:

Why hope they get fined?

It will take me about 20 minutes if my tanks are empty to walk to the shop and hand my card in, fuel up, pull forward, walk back to the shop and pay and walk back.

Why get your frillies in a bunch about me having a break then?

Think you’re missing his whole point mate, which is you aint having a ‘‘break’’ are you :bulb: … you’re re.fuelling…ie other work. (while booking a break)

I personally couldn’t give a stuff if you work 24 hours a day 7 days a week, but for me personally, seeing as breaks are one of the few things in this job that are on our side of things, and for our benefit, I tend to take them rather than falsify them. :bulb:

They all drive MAN’s and waiting for the gearbox respond

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

robroy:
seeing as breaks are one of the few things in this job that are on our side of things, and for our benefit, I tend to take them rather than falsify them. :bulb:

Hear, Hear
Ill admit I have sometimes taken a break while refuelling and also tipping when on break but I do it when it suits ME, not because my day has been planned to such a ducks arse tightness I cant take my breaks as I choose and need to work through them to get the work done.
Theres so much about this industry that is a “■■■■ the driver” mentality that not taking your breaks, which is something many company bosses (especially the large logistics chains) would love to see scrapped, is basically bending over.
Once or twice every few months if it suits you is ok. Every other day because the boss pressures you isnt

The-Snowman:

robroy:
seeing as breaks are one of the few things in this job that are on our side of things, and for our benefit, I tend to take them rather than falsify them. :bulb:

Hear, Hear
Ill admit I have sometimes taken a break while refuelling and also tipping when on break but I do it when it suits ME, not because my day has been planned to such a ducks arse tightness I cant take my breaks as I choose and need to work through them to get the work done.
Theres so much about this industry that is a “[zb] the driver” mentality that not taking your breaks, which is something many company bosses (especially the large logistics chains) would love to see scrapped, is basically bending over.
Once or twice every few months if it suits you is ok. Every other day because the boss pressures you isnt

Exactly, you hear drivers saying ‘‘I’ll manage to get a break in here’’ or ‘‘That’s my 2x11s off taken care of for this week’’ …as if they are some kind of disadvantage you need to ‘’ Get in and over with’’ :unamused:
The bosses just love hearing this, drivers prioritising the job over their own welfare. :unamused:

I’ve taken 15 at the pump sometimes, when I’m tight on time. But if another truck pulls up behind my lane I roll forward for 20 seconds so they can get on the pump, and then set the tacho to break again. Guess what, 20 seconds of driving doesn’t interrupt your break time. These guys who sit there letting the time tick over obviously don’t know this…or are fat headed idiots who don’t give a flying about other drivers.

This is a particular pet hate of mine, especially since ELOGS were introduced over here, I get really annoyed at tossers taking their required 30 minute break on the pumps. Only last week I had to wait behind some idiot was parked in front, he did at least come and say sorry but he was waiting another 5 minutes before he could move, what the idiots don’t realise is that ELOGS record everything incuding the purchase of fuel and the exact time you are parked on the pump, I found that out to my own stupidness when fueling up at a truck stop in VT and a week later getting a message via the ELOG that in fueling up I had an infraction against my record :open_mouth:

What you need in the UK Is better facilities, the HGV pumps are on the left btw

google.fr/maps/@46.4288845, … 312!8i6656

Here’s another one

google.fr/maps/@49.3607705, … 312!8i6656

Plenty of space for a 45,!!

robroy:
I keep rambling on about how drivers used to be with each other as opposed to some of the present sorry arsed [zb] with Class 1s today. :unamused:
Just like other adpects of the job, it was just the ‘‘done thing’’ to fuel up and instead of hogging the pump pull forward to let the next lad in…and then go and check in/pay…(in fact some of US still do that, the ones who aren’t selfish [zb] :bulb: )
It’s ok the likes of Conor saying ‘‘If you can’t wait 2 mins’’ etc etc, :unamused: but it may be important to the driver if time is tight, and jack all to do with work as such, more to do with drivers welfare :bulb:
Maybe to…get home after a week or more away, or to get on a boat in time, or to get to a favourite park up point as opposed to a [zb] lay by or something, or just to get to the [zb] pub…who knows, but why be a [zb] and hold others up. :unamused:

I can’t believe some of the ■■■■ poor attitudes on stuff on here sometimes. :unamused:

I agree. Selfish ■■■■■■■■ Ok, if it’s quiet do by all means try to get a cheeky 15 in but if somebody pulls up behind you and all pumps are in use ffs do the decent thing and ■■■■ off out the way. Boils my ■■■■ [emoji35]

Just for balance, I don’t come on here ■■■■■■■ about it and I don’t confront the offenders. Not worth getting into a full on confrontation over as that doesn’t achieve anything. If they’re ignorant enough to do it in the first place they obviously don’t give a toss about anybody else so won’t apologise and move on anyway [emoji57]

TheNewBoy:
Yesterday early evening all four lanes blocked for over 10mins by drivers sat in there cabs, can only assume they were all taking a break

there was a memo on one of the notice boards of a depot I used to go to , saying it had been reported to the company by that service area that the company drivers were taking breaks on the diesel pumps and if it continued the company & its drivers would be banned from using that service area ( I assume just diesel pumps
the only thing I found confusing was that company has a depot opposite on other side of motorway so I’m a bit baffled what that company drivers are in there getting fuel in the first place , but I may have my junctions mixed up and it may not be the services I’m thinking about .
but I’m with you it’s just ignorance to sit there having a break whilst drivers are waiting to fuel up, I’ve had the odd driver though come and say I’ve got 2/3 mins of a 15 left and fine with that , couple of minutes arnt going to make any real difference in the grand scheme of things

TheNewBoy:
Yesterday early evening all four lanes blocked for over 10mins by drivers sat in there cabs, can only assume they were all taking a break

there was a memo on one of the notice boards of a depot I used to go to , saying it had been reported to the company by that service area that the company drivers were taking breaks on the diesel pumps and if it continued the company & its drivers would be banned from using that service area ( I assume just diesel pumps
the only thing I found confusing was that company has a depot opposite on other side of motorway so I’m a bit baffled what that company drivers are in there getting fuel in the first place , but I may have my junctions mixed up and it may not be the services I’m thinking about .
but I’m with you it’s just ignorance to sit there having a break whilst drivers are waiting to fuel up, I’ve had the odd driver though come and say I’ve got 2/3 mins of a 15 left and fine with that , couple of minutes arnt going to make any real difference in the grand scheme of things

discoman:

They’ll have to build a database of fuel pumps first of course and pay what…minimum wage to analyse the thousands of tacho operated vehicles that might be stopping at a fuel pump.

Bit of a bar steward if you just stopped for a Subway or Yorkie bar at a fuel stop and not fuel!

Sand Fisher:

discoman:

They’ll have to build a database of fuel pumps first of course and pay what…minimum wage to analyse the thousands of tacho operated vehicles that might be stopping at a fuel pump.

Bit of a bar steward if you just stopped for a Subway or Yorkie bar at a fuel stop and not fuel!

I have had it in Spain before, being checked on while fuelling to see what mode the tacho is on.