Has Mercedes Always Been This Bad?

From Mercedes Benz website

Following a call to Service24h, if you have a Euro VI Truck with a complete service Contract or a Complete Service Contract with Uptime, in the unlikely event that your vehicle is not repaired within 24 hours and you require a replacement vehicle, we’ll replace it like-for-like or provide financial rental equivalent.

We stop at nothing to keep you moving

DEANB:
Out of intrest Graham did Mercedes offer you a unit to use whilst yours was off the road ?
You would think a company as big as Turners would have some power but it just goes to show that manufacturers dont
care anymore when you look how you have been treated.

Main dealers are awful these days but unfortunately because the modern trucks are so complicated most of the smaller
truck garages that alot of us used have now disappeared. :cry:

No it’s down to the local dealership, which is part of a group, and even if with all the hassle I don’t even know the name of any senior manager in the dealer. The service manager and his service reception team are too far down the pecking order to make a decision. All we can do both at my local level and nationally within the company is vote with our feet and not buy any more of the evil pieces of crap (to quote CAV551). I’ve only got 5 Mercs left at my depot now and they’ll be gone by Christmas. We’re also withdrawing all Mercs from Scotland, the Bellshill dealership is worse than my local one, which takes some believing.

My partner has a Mercedes car and we’ve just spent a small fortune on repairs for that. She does like the car but I’ve told her it’s got to go…only problem is she says she wants a Mustang to replace it.

TDL102:

Following a call to Service24h, if you have a Euro VI Truck with a complete service Contract or a Complete Service Contract with Uptime, in the unlikely event that your vehicle is not repaired within 24 hours and you require a replacement vehicle, we’ll replace it like-for-like or provide financial rental equivalent.

I would sue them for misrepresentation under the Trade Description Act

gingerfold:

TDL102:

I would sue them for misrepresentation under the Trade Description Act

No need to sue: just report them to the Office of Fair Trading. :wink: Robert

gingerfold:
My partner has a Mercedes car and we’ve just spent a small fortune on repairs for that. She does like the car but I’ve told her it’s got to go…only problem is she says she wants a Mustang to replace it.

:smiley:

Look on the bright side she’ll probably lose her licence before it needs any work done on it.Go for a Monaro instead and get the bonus of almost non existent depreciation. :laughing:

Carryfast:
[quote=“gingerfold”

Look on the bright side she’ll probably lose her licence before it needs any work done on it.Go for a Monaro instead and get the bonus of almost non existent depreciation. :laughing:

More rubbish from the ‘DRIVELMAESTRO’ wtf is he on about now? :unamused: :unamused:

An extemely scruffy and very rough sounding 63 reg Turners’ Merc appeared today with a load of Kappa, on what looked like a brand new Jack Richards trailer. It was so bad I just wondered if it got back before it expired.

gingerfold:
only problem is she says she wants a Mustang to replace it.

Where’s the problem there?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

cav551:
An extemely scruffy and very rough sounding 63 reg Turners’ Merc appeared today with a load of Kappa, on what looked like a brand new Jack Richards trailer. It was so bad I just wondered if it got back before it expired.

The '63 plates are all high mileage units to be fair, typically 1.2 million Km, and they are being replaced. They do sound rough at the best of times, I had wondered if they have a different cylinder firing order to such as DAF, Volvo and Scania engines?

Munchkin:

gingerfold:

errr… cost… I bought a new Mondeo Vignale 12 months ago… with hindsight I could have got a Mustang for not much more cost.

gingerfold:

Munchkin:

gingerfold:

errr… cost… I bought a new Mondeo Vignale 12 months ago… with hindsight I could have got a Mustang for not much more cost.

I’ve got a mint S90 Inscription for sale Graham all the toys top spec low miles full dealer service

kevmac47:

Carryfast:
[quote=“gingerfold”

More rubbish from the ‘DRIVELMAESTRO’ wtf is he on about now? :unamused: :unamused:

I’ll try to make it simpler for you.

Mustang,like most American stuff = relatively more reliable than kraut junk.

It’s also quick ( assuming proper V8 spec ) to the point of being a licence loser.( Speed is addictive ).

While a Monaro/VXR8 is as quick and holds its value better than a new Mustang let alone a Merc.Probably because of the easier to work on old school pushrod motor.

Hope that helps.

gingerfold:

Munchkin:

gingerfold:

That’s still not a ‘problem’ that’s a good thing in favour of US imports in favour of German.Especially if we take the silly import taxes and hidden quota barriers off the US iron. :confused:

Carryfast:

gingerfold:

:smiley:

You could do a lot worse. :unamused:
images.app.goo.gl/XKmZHtAvh3AnotQf6

ramone:

gingerfold:

Munchkin:

gingerfold:

I’ve got a mint S90 Inscription for sale Graham all the toys top spec low miles full dealer service

You reckon she’ll want a Foden?

Gingerfold. …when the seddon Atkinson came out with the new
E10 ■■■■■■■ we had a problem with one that would go either 10 miles or a 100 the stop, after a time it would start up and do the same…IN to the workshops, changed all the electronics, wiring, injectors, you name it, it got changes.
One night the night shift foreman , having sat and thought about all this, decided to go back to basics…he found the fault after a few minutes, a plastic glove dropped in the fuel tank, kept getting sucked up to the supply pipe, then after waiting a bit, float off around the tank

Embarrassing wasn’t the word

Not saying of course this is the problem, but everyone seems to go for the "electronic " side, and 6 injectors all awol naaaaaaaa,

Fergie47:
E10 ■■■■■■■ we had a problem with one that would go either 10 miles or a 100 the stop, after a time it would start up and do the same…IN to the workshops, changed all the electronics, wiring, injectors, you name it, it got changes.
One night the night shift foreman , having sat and thought about all this, decided to go back to basics…he found the fault after a few minutes, a plastic glove dropped in the fuel tank, kept getting sucked up to the supply pipe, then after waiting a bit, float off around the tank

Not saying of course this is the problem, but everyone seems to go for the "electronic " side, and 6 injectors all awol naaaaaaaa,

The problem with “technicians” (they’re not mechanics nowadays) is that they will only do what the diagnostic computer tells them. There won’t be a diagnostic tool in the computer programme that tells the “technician” to look in the fuel tank

gingerfold:

Fergie47:

The problem with “technicians” (they’re not mechanics nowadays) is that they will only do what the diagnostic computer tells them. There won’t be a diagnostic tool in the computer programme that tells the “technician” to look in the fuel tank

You know what you’ve got to do on Monday then

Fergie47:

I like that logic.Where do 6 seperate items,all unlikely to fail together,reach any point in the chain where they all rely on one single point/thing to make them work/receive fuel.

It’s in dock again…and the Mercedes dealership where it is now are saying that it needs 5 new injectors. Still it’s an improvement on 6.