HARRIS ROAD SERVICES

Kenb:

TruckNetUK . Old Time Lorries . Harris Road Services .Page 2 . Foden DG6/15 R8 Lorry .Tuesday,19th May,2020 .

VALKYRIE

Foden DG6/15,S10-Cabbed,R8x2 or R8x4,Tanker Lorry,1945-1948,Harris Road Services.DG-S10s produced 1938-1948. TNUK,OTL-Harris Road Services,2.5-2020.Kenb.3#

Dinky Models produced several versions of the Foden DG6/15,S10-Cabbed,Rigid Eight-Wheeler Lorry
in their Supermodels diecast scale model range,including the No.504 Tanker,QV below,which is a very
good representation of the real-life full-size Foden DG6/15 R8 Tanker Motor Lorry :slight_smile:

Dinky Supermodels produced the DG6/15 scale model from 1947 to 1952,which was replaced by the
Foden S18 FE6-FG6/15-24 scale models,produced from 1952 to 1964.

Foden DG6,15,S10-Cabbed,Tanker-Bodied,R8x4 Lorry.Dinky Supermodels No.504 diecast scale model.Red and silver cab version.Maronline.Org.UK.TNUK,OTL-Harris Road Services,2.5-2020.1#

VALKYRIE

Little grafter.

tk1.jpg

DID ANY ONE ON HERE DRIVE FOR HARRIS ROAD SERVICES AT THE NORTHWICH DEPOT,THERE BIG CONTRACT WAS TRUNKING TO MARS AT SLOUGH,THIS JOB LASTED 30 ODD YEARS,PLUS LOADS OF ICI TANK STUFF,THEY WERE SWOLLOWED UP BY TDG AND CHANGED LIVERY,NEXUS WAS THE NEXT NAME TO APPEAR THEN THEY MOVED OUT OF NORTHWICH,HAS ANY ONE GOT ANY PIC’S OF THE FLEET?

Hi GAZ70,
Harris road transport took over M.A. Walkers transport of leicester around 22 years ago, before closing the depot down…

GUNNERHESKEY YOUR A STAR PAL,THE PICTURE IS BRILL THANK’S FOR YOUR EFFORT DID YOU WORK FOR WALKERS?,MY DAD GRANDAD AND UNCLE WORKED FOR HARRIS’S,AS DID MOST OF THERE MATE’S FROM NORTHWICH,IT WAS A BIG OUTFIT,AND WAS A BIG PART OF MY HISTORY BECAUSE OF MY FAMILY 'S CONNECTION WITH THE FIRM,AGAIN THANK’S GUNNER.

GAZ70:
DID ANY ONE ON HERE DRIVE FOR HARRIS ROAD SERVICES AT THE NORTHWICH DEPOT,THERE BIG CONTRACT WAS TRUNKING TO MARS AT SLOUGH,THIS JOB LASTED 30 ODD YEARS,PLUS LOADS OF ICI TANK STUFF,THEY WERE SWOLLOWED UP BY TDG AND CHANGED LIVERY,NEXUS WAS THE NEXT NAME TO APPEAR THEN THEY MOVED OUT OF NORTHWICH,HAS ANY ONE GOT ANY PIC’S OF THE FLEET?

have a read about BLOCK CAPITALS on forums :stuck_out_tongue:

and have a read here; northwesttrucks.fotopic.net/c1838776.html

Everything in it’s place :laughing:

sorry about block cap’s,and cheers for info about nw truck’s site.

GAZ70:
sorry about block cap’s,and cheers for info about nw truck’s site.

No probs mate, but do you know, I have been delivering into Mars at Slough for almost 30 years and cannot recall a Harris Road Services motor ever been there with me whilst tipping or loading. :confused:

what even on nights?,my dad drove to slough for years,i rember waiting with my brothers in the mornings to see what ‘‘damaged stock’’ he might bring home usally mar’s bars,spangles,lockett’s,so i know they were there a lot,cheer’s any way.

regarding never seeing a harris’s motor at slough,the link you gave me actually tell’s you about the said contract,no problem just thought i’d let you know,all the best gaz70.

GAZ70:
GUNNERHESKEY YOUR A STAR PAL,THE PICTURE IS BRILL THANK’S FOR YOUR EFFORT DID YOU WORK FOR WALKERS?,MY DAD GRANDAD AND UNCLE WORKED FOR HARRIS’S,AS DID MOST OF THERE MATE’S FROM NORTHWICH,IT WAS A BIG OUTFIT,AND WAS A BIG PART OF MY HISTORY BECAUSE OF MY FAMILY 'S CONNECTION WITH THE FIRM,AGAIN THANK’S GUNNER.

Hi Gaz, no i never worked for Walkers, a couple of my grandads mates did.
I tried to get on there about 1990 when i’d just passed my test when they’d just been taken over by Harris’s, they’d just had all Walkers orange F7s painted in Harris’s colours but it was a case of not enough experience, how times have changed… :open_mouth: