Guy Martin vs Robot car. I know, robot cars, yaawwwn

I thought the program was interesting, the figure that 15% of cars would be fully autonomous by 2030 was a surprise, I thought it would be much higher, with all the hype surrounding it. Reading further into it today, I think many of those cars are going to be taxi’s or pool cars.
The operator of the car in Hungary that used cameras not Lidar, said the car could self park, but it did stop a good few feet away from the wall with quite a lot of the car outside the parking space.
Found it interesting that the Devbot couldn’t cope with the change from hot to cold tyres when they pushed the parameters to the limit. Although that is something that would catch out many normal drivers, although most of them wouldn’t get anywhere near the limit of the grip in the first place.
Not sure if I agree with Guy Martin’s belief that the occupants of the autonomous car should cop it in any situation where the computer has to decide on a course of action which is likely to lead to injury or death of a person, if somebody is just the occupant, surely they have no more influence in the actions that led up to the incident than a passenger of a car driven by a human.

Carryfast:

Dr Damon:
Well I enjoyed it even if nobody else did. Guy Martin is a great character with an unusual lifestyle. Lorry Mechanic and driver, very successful motorcycle racer and a real dare devil.
Nothing new learned from the program but interesting and enjoyable due to Guy mainly. :smiley:

But if it’s all about autonomous vehicles his driving and riding career would never have happened.How bleedin boring his life and that of others would have been standing watching electric robot bikes whining their way around the TT course using public transport or autonomous EV taxi to get there and home again. :unamused:

Are you sure that you still really want to go through with this control freak zb.

Did you watch it?

Autonomous motobikes that would be interesting, I’d like to see how the computer would cope with counter steering. How would it decide at which point it has to turn left to go right or vice versa. :smiley: :smiley:
I enjoyed the programme but it wasn’t one of his best. One of the best bits was the sound man when they put him in the electric car( Tesla?) and it trashed Guy’s Vovlvo Amazon, all he could say was " that was fast".