Grievance letter

Stephenjp:

stu675:

carryfast-yeti:
he said he’s sticking with the stand down week and might consider other options if it doesn’t work out this period. The new deckers are causing injuries because of their internal design,a ramp on the floor that we have to drag heavy pallets up,so he moaned about people being on the sick :unamused:

Ok right thanks, I never really went into my trailers so didn’t consider that. Thought it was about the driving.

Ask for powered pallet trucks and tell him they would cut down on the sick/absence and quicker loading!!!

great idea,and they are actually looking into it :astonished: i doubt it’ll happen though,as our Customer would have to pay for them…and they are skinflints!

carryfast-yeti:
well the meeting went as expected :frowning: the Main Man introduced himself to us,despite being in charge for 9 month’s most of us had never clapped eyes on him before,as he’s usually at his beloved Stoke depot. He admitted he just deals in ‘facts and figures’…basically a bean counter. We are stuck with the ‘wedge’ DD’s,with more coming,although 1 got wiped out by a subby 2 weeks ago under a 15’ bridge :laughing:
he doesn’t give a flying [zb] about driver’s complaining about tiredness,just moaning about the amount of accident’s,which are mainly damage to the new deckers hitting tree branches. This geezer has been with DHL for 37 years,and say’s he knows it all :unamused: he slagged off the previous TM,but has put his faith in his new hand-picked TM,who looks about 25yo and looked terrified when we asked him to stand up and introduce himself :laughing: the main planner was there too…nice guy known him for a few years,but has got NO clue where anywhere is…someone advised him to buy a map of the UK :laughing:
so,to cut a long story short,if any driver doesn’t like his new regime,they know where the door is…we are on decent money 40 grand plus a bit of early start/late finish money…and the best thing is,i can retire at any time! :smiley: pity the poor sap’s who have 20 or 30 years to do :frowning: …although i have heard Walkers Crisps,not far from us,is taking their transport back in-house in January :slight_smile:

According to my mate who works at walkers they’ve just signed a 2 year extension to the contract they had with culina / stobarts

My mrs has been in a union for 30 + yrs , the only time she needed them both shop stewards ( or whatever they call them these days ) were both off on sick with stress , mrs was asked did she want to postpone disciplinary meeting , no I’ll represent myself , went along , case closed , nothing to answer for
She recently got her nhs pay rise , 5% + lump sum of I think £1300/ £1500 , daughter ( nhs ) not in union , got a 5 % pay rise + £1300/ £1500 bonus
I should sit down and work out what 30 + yrs of subs have actually cost her for basically nothing , actually I don’t want to know

The fact that you are all pushing 60 hours suggests driver recruitment / retention issues.

The attitude that if these drivers won’t do it, I’ll just get some more is fine and well if there is a ready supply of mugs with the appropriate class of licence in the area. More likely that more good honest men (and women) will come in, discover it is a ■■■■ shop and leave too.

Looks like the ‘main man’ as you call him may need to install a revolving door.