Green & Red livery

southlondoner:
I’ve often wondered where does the green and red livery of so many trucks originate from ? many companies years ago had green cabs and maybe a red chassis and wheels or grill, this colour scheme is still evident in modern fleets i.e Stobarts and another I can think of Fagan & Whaley, there is also a French Magnum I see regularly on the M20 with green and red cab panels but no signwriting, anyone got any nice green and red lorry pics.

It’s certainly traditional, and which is why I chose the combination for my Atki (and who needs a French Magnum when you can have a British one?):

Atkinson Viewline BVB 457H by 240 Gardner, on Flickr

It’s strange,when I was a lot younger I remember being told,“red and green should never be seen” by my parents!!

But I do agree,strangely on transport vehicles,both colours are well suited and complement each other.

David

5thwheel:
It’s strange,when I was a lot younger I remember being told,“red and green should never be seen” by my parents!!

David

I believe Red & Green comes from our nautical history, if you see Red and Green you are seeing both Port & starboard navigation lights of a ship heading directly toward you

Lawrence Dunbar fleet looks as good as it gets with regard to this thread.
A few more.
Oily

These are also pretty smart.
Oily

Green paint was used on a lot of agricultural related machinery because it had the best pigmentation so lasted longer, just a bit of useless info! :laughing:

Pete.

Couple from the old firm :smiley:

7B29EA7C-AEEE-4F81-83FF-D9582D778F40.jpeg

Nice

Heres a one for Harry, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

Smiles 8 wheel Atki.png