Grassed up....

Yeah that’s not too much of an escalation at all… :unamused:

I seriously “wtf” at some people on this forum. :neutral_face:

ArcticMonkey:
Putting the grassing bit aside which is totally out of order, 20 or more years ago this thread would have had a totally different reaction by way of you been told to be a man and bloody carry the 50kg piece, but over the years so many people have been brainwashed into accepting this H&S culture and taking every last bit of it literally. So what if you get a few aches, pains, scrapes and bruises from a bit of handball, many years ago it was accepted as part of the job but the cottonwool brigade are takingover the asylum.

What I was prepared to do 20 or more years ago and what I’m prepared to do nowadays are two totally different animals. You might as well justify fiddling the tachograph on the same grounds. :wink:

Harry Monk:
What I was prepared to do 20 or more years ago and what I’m prepared to do nowadays are two totally different animals. You might as well justify fiddling the tachograph on the same grounds. :wink:

And there you go again talking as if you experenced the old days
And you only a young pup with an old head

ArcticMonkey:
20 or more years ago this thread would have had a totally different reaction by way of you been told to be a man and bloody carry the 50kg piece, but over the years so many people have been brainwashed into accepting this H&S culture and taking every last bit of it literally. So what if you get a few aches, pains, scrapes and bruises from a bit of handball, many years ago it was accepted as part of the job

Yeah, and im sure it hasnt affected any of them in their later life eh :unamused:

steviespain:
Gonna be supervised by a senior JL partner who will give feedback to management as to my work ethic :unamused:

Well youre a bigger man than me cause my answer would have been “nah you’re alright mate, ill just go and work somewhere else”

no1dieselman:

ArcticMonkey:
Putting the grassing bit aside which is totally out of order, 20 or more years ago this thread would have had a totally different reaction by way of you been told to be a man and bloody carry the 50kg piece, but over the years so many people have been brainwashed into accepting this H&S culture and taking every last bit of it literally. So what if you get a few aches, pains, scrapes and bruises from a bit of handball, many years ago it was accepted as part of the job but the cottonwool brigade are takingover the asylum.

And we used to use children as chimney sweeps and sent them down pit. Thousands have died due to industrial injuries and diseases but you think we should all be stupid like you and man up?
This is called progress and for good reason too. Time you was extinct.

Ooh you’re hard

Harry Monk:

ArcticMonkey:

Well when needs must then the tacho is “accidently” ejected

steviespain:
And, on a more positive note, I’m in work tomorrow.
Gonna be supervised by a senior JL partner who will give feedback to management as to my work ethic :unamused:
Oh well, 14.34ph, bring it on, I can most definitely take it.

What grips my [zb] is that one bloke can make a complaint, an unfounded complaint, and I get screwed over. [zb] [zb] bolloxing [zb].

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
obviously you will be well aware that as the driver its your responsibility to make sure he wears full ppe at all times and has been inducted into the correct 3 point contaci cab entry and exit pish?
if he injures himself the blame can pass to you for allowing him access to your workplace.h&s and all that legally binding rubbish.

The-Snowman:
Well youre a bigger man than me cause my answer would have been “nah you’re alright mate, ill just go and work somewhere else”

I appreciate that this is not as easy to do on 7.5 tonne work, but I’ve made it clear to my agency that I don’t do any manual handling. I will open curtains or rear doors and that’s it. If I wanted to be a labourer, I would get a job as a labourer, but I am a driver and the clue is in the name. :stuck_out_tongue:

toonsy:
Yeah but you can also get your point across to the senior partner :unamused: so long as it’s done in a way that doesn’t sound bitter if you get me

My thoughts EGGZACKLY, mate.
To those who say “Well, agency, move on” I say…I don’t want to move on. I like the job, the money is good, and I like (99% of) my colleagues. JL looks after its fleet, and looks after its workers. I get holiday pay too. it’s a half hour bus ride away, and I get to ride my leccy scooter home at night, that’s fun. AND I’ve just been inducted to the “Guaranteed 4 days a week” club :open_mouth:
I’m not being chased out by some lying little ■■■■■

I have read ALL the posts here, I have laughed at the appropriate ones :laughing: , and I have, quite literally, shook my head at some of the others :open_mouth:
Thanks, everyone, for the help and support. Not something you get on the 'net usually these days. :smiley:

Tomorrow brings a new day, I’m in work, so let’s see wh’appen in the morning :slight_smile:

So the big sted head grassed you up after acting the hero lifting all the stuff ,
You must be looking forward to working with this particular bell end again ,surely :unamused:

Maybe he had a point, he has been landed with a driver that thinks manual labour is beneath him, he gets to a drop with 3 x 50 kg parcels and the driver begrudgingly offers to get out the trolley but drags his heels and takes so long that by the time he has thought about it he had the job done, just maybe the complaint isn’t malicious but a genuine one from his point of view and perhaps he doesn’t want to paired with a work shy driver again? Remember we only have the benefit of one point of view from the OP the other side could be very different.

MrH:
Maybe he had a point, he has been landed with a driver that thinks manual labour is beneath him, he gets to a drop with 3 x 50 kg parcels and the driver begrudgingly offers to get out the trolley but drags his heels and takes so long that by the time he has thought about it he had the job done, just maybe the complaint isn’t malicious but a genuine one from his point of view and perhaps he doesn’t want to paired with a work shy driver again? Remember we only have the benefit of one point of view from the OP the other side could be very different.

At what point did OP say in any way that manual labour was beneath him?

It’s also clear that he was following company policy by wanting to use the trolley - their employment, their rules etc

Just because someone who goes to gym wants to bypass this shouldn’t be his problem - but it ended up that way

And no way is this genuine - it should have been mentioned face to face and not as some afterthought - malicious it deffo was. Certainly not team working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did L**** say when you confronted him?

isaac hunt:
What did L**** say when you confronted him?

“Errr Sorry but I wanted to drive cos me pram was in shop”

[emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youtu.be/nA40QqNn-1U

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MrH:

Reading between the lines, it would appear that L**** is in his twenties or early thirties. Steve is a year or two older than I am (60 this year) and the simple fact is 60-year-olds do not have the strength or stamina that twenty-somethings have- that’s why there aren’t any 60-year-olds playing for Manchester United (other football teams are available).

So it’s nothing to do with being “workshy”. No agency is perfect, and I’ve outlined problems I’ve had with my own agency in the past on here, but they do at least make the effort to match drivers with jobs, as any half-decent agency should do. Perhaps L**** should be sent out with a younger driver and Stevie should be given a job which does not require an above-average amount of physical strength?

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

dieseldog999:

steviespain:
And, on a more positive note, I’m in work tomorrow.
Oh well, 14.34ph, bring it on, I can most definitely take it.

What grips my [zb] is that one bloke can make a complaint, an unfounded complaint, and I get screwed over. [zb] [zb] bolloxing [zb].

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
obviously you will be well aware that as the driver its your responsibility to make sure he wears full ppe at all times and has been inducted into the correct 3 point contaci cab entry and exit pish?
if he injures himself the blame can pass to you for allowing him access to your workplace.h&s and all that legally binding rubbish.

Equally obviously, you will be aware that this is total codswallop.

Beetlejuice:
So the big sted head grassed you up after acting the hero lifting all the stuff ,
You must be looking forward to working with this particular bell end again ,surely :unamused:

Not gonna happen. Agency boss takes care of this.

MrH:

I’ve worked with the guy on another 2 occasions, no problems. Same story, carry this, carry that. It doesn’t bother me in the slightest if this is how HE wants to do things. I don’t and will always use the trolley if I see the need, i.e. over 20/30 Kg over a certain distance. Plain common sense.
The problem is not the carrying, it’s that he said I refused to carry. I didn’t.