Got covid - its hunted me down

Oh those crafty kids! Bet it doesnt happen often

the maoster:

tachograph:

Winseer:
A normal cold - is enough to trigger the “positive test result”.

No it’s not, it’s true that there’s a possibility that a covid-19 antibody test can be affected by previous coronavirus infections such as the one that would cause colds or flue but the covid-19 virus test is specifically designed to recognise the covid-19 virus.

Tell that to the schoolkids who were dipping the test in orange juice to get a positive result and time away from school.

Well I suppose nothing is completely tamper proof and that includes lateral flow tests, however I believe Winseers claim that a common cold will trigger a positive covid-19 test result is completely false.

I’m on my last legs…carryfast be there waiting man…

tachograph:

Winseer:
A normal cold - is enough to trigger the “positive test result”.

No it’s not, it’s true that there’s a possibility that a covid-19 antibody test can be affected by previous coronavirus infections such as the one that would cause colds or flue but the covid-19 virus test is specifically designed to recognise the covid-19 virus.

Thing is, there’s surely no one in this country who’s NEVER had a cold or flu in the past two years, say…

If you get flu in say, 2018, take a while to get over it (as we did with swine flu in my household) - those antibodies built up would have easily triggered a positive test result… Remember for a ZHC worker to be told “take 21 days off on no pay” - one is gonna avoid further (unnecessary and easily triggerable) lateral flow tests - like the plague!

JeffA:
I’m on my last legs…carryfast be there waiting man…

" I don’t want to start any blasphemous rumours
But I think that CF’s got a sick sense of humour
And when I die, I expect to find him laughing
"

:unamused:

Nearly there again:
I’m telling you lads that your wasted driving, you should be advising the government how to contain this virus.

I love how yous know how the vaccination and virus works. Obviously the best medical and anti viral training is gained when you get a hgv license.

I’ve had covid twice. First time before vaccination and was in a bad way. I was fit and healthy but floored me and damaged my lungs.

Second time was after I had both vaccination jabs and it was basically a mild cold.

My job doesn’t allow for me to shield etc so I think twice is good going. Maybe I should have used the free manky showers to help build up a natural defence

According to official WHO figures -
1 in a million get it twice
1 in 80 million die from getting it twice

You must be 1 in a million - don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing :laughing:

ROG:
You must be 1 in a million - don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing :laughing:

Good for lottery purposes, bad for diseases.

ROG:

Nearly there again:
I’m telling you lads that your wasted driving, you should be advising the government how to contain this virus.

I love how yous know how the vaccination and virus works. Obviously the best medical and anti viral training is gained when you get a hgv license.

I’ve had covid twice. First time before vaccination and was in a bad way. I was fit and healthy but floored me and damaged my lungs.

Second time was after I had both vaccination jabs and it was basically a mild cold.

My job doesn’t allow for me to shield etc so I think twice is good going. Maybe I should have used the free manky showers to help build up a natural defence

According to official WHO figures -
1 in a million get it twice
1 in 80 million die from getting it twice

I believe it was a bad thing, i was floored the first time and struggled to breath. If elderly or underlying issues id have been done

Im such a little puss that it wasnt even covid just took the test. Flu has punked my scrawny little ■■■!!

Nearly there again:

Though I’m not a virologist, my HGV training interfered with my studies. :astonished:, the government’s advisors do say you can get a green pass if you’re double jabbed, have an in date PCR test or HAVE RECOVERED FROM COVID. So, there’s an outside chance your second bout of the coolies was less virulent due to your natural immunity and nothing to do with any pseudo medication. :imp:

…… or neither case happened at all….

Just wondering where our resident modest non offensive expert in all this stuff is these days DCPCXYZ…he’s such a big miss a bit like how you miss ring sting :smiley:

Is he busy working on yet another identity…regenerating like Dr Who. :unamused: :laughing: