Got an interview tomorrow at reed boardall

tmcassett:

Reef:
What I want to know is why everyone is avoiding asking the most obvious of all questions…

When did you leave Status Quo :question: :open_mouth:

Ha ha love it - its like the other day when someone called Michael Douglas posted.

Catherine I told you not to follow me on to the freakin’ forums! Get your own friends!

All I’ll say as i worked there in the office for my sins for a good 18 months. If you can hack it id suggest going onto nights. Simply due to the day shift not having a clue what theyre doing its still not perfect but at least you wont have some idiot on the other end of the phone convincing you youll be doing 56 mph everywhere you go! As for no one else touching you having no experience. Id say go to the likes of keedwells that pay decebt money and yes take new drivers on. Good luck in the new job!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Cheers for that. Where are keedwells?

rtkeedwellgroup.co.uk/

Longs of Leeds also take newbies.

Paul :smiley:

Left hand down!:
If he’d said to me “no-one else will touch you” at the interview I’d have got up, thanked him for his time and then walked out. What an arrogant prick. :unamused:

^^^ This - 100%

rick parfitt:
Cheers for that. Where are keedwells?

A little tip for you if you go with Keedwell’s : don’t exceed the yard speed limit at Polestar Sheffield - it won’t end well for you. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:

lol! do you have a tale?

i have never worked for RB but i did work for Keedwell, back when we knew it as K&J Logistics, before Tom left the transport side and frankly I loved every minute of it, the pay isn’t the best but general haulage was better suited to me, more interesting. I remember almost getting the sack for doing a screw turn in the yard, fortunately Mr Keedwell was sleeping in his massive RV parked in the yard so I wasn’t spotted by him - just told by another driver ‘don’t let… see you do that…there is his RV’

they are near our yard, b1224, just 1/4 mile from the york ringroad, enter the site, go round the back of the building, right down to the far end and look for the drivers window in a cabin type building, tell em Tockwith trained you.

cheers Laurie.

don’t expect a brand new Volvo or Merc to drive like at RB, but working for Keedwell will be an education!

Hi Rick, from my understanding they will ask you to reverse into a parking bay, between two trailers, just get it somewhere close and do a shunt to line it up then its out on the road for a short while. Just tell them you trained with Tockwith Training on a full sized artic and they will give you the job, they know us obviously.

If you want a couple of goes at reversing our new volvo globetrotter 90 degrees between two vehicles before you pop down to see them let me know, i’m in the yard tomorrow. Here’s one I took earlier!

This should be part of the driving test IMO, if I had this chance to practise reversing into a bay I wouldn’t of failed my tesco assessment!

Just read the comments about charging for damages caused. I think it’s a good idea to be honest, I know companies that will sake you on the spot we all make mistakes and if you have to pay for the mistake, you think twice about doing it again.

stevejoyce2012:
Just read the comments about charging for damages caused. I think it’s a good idea to be honest, I know companies that will sake you on the spot we all make mistakes and if you have to pay for the mistake, you think twice about doing it again.

Why don’t you just pay your companies insurance , since your so rich you want to pay your companies bill you should start fuelling up out of your own pocket

Didn’t say that I was paying for any damage caused…! Was just saying it was a good idea for new drivers to pay for damages as the company is taking a chance on a unexperienced driver and giving them the chance get there foot in the door

And where does that line get drawn when your deemed experienced enough to not be charged?

Enough divisions without introducing another!

…which is ?