Going to russia

Hi.I work for c&h.We have only done the one trip out to moscow which was last november.But we have got some more coming up.The first load is going out next wednesday.Followed by me and another driver.Double manned.We going out on the 8th of august.possible 3 to 4 weeks.Last time we went Germany,poland,latvia,lithuania and up to the border at terahova.That was where the fun began.Mind you that was mainly down to not having the original v5 for the vehicle.It’s an interesting drive once you over the border and on way to moscow.As was posted earlier watch out for drunken peasents,vehicles with no lights if you travel at night like we did.Not alot of parking once you over the border.There’s a vehicle check point a few hundred ks in.They will pull you in.Don’t worry though they were good as gold with us.And although my mate had an infringment on his card the fine was only a pound as the bloke collected them and wanted one with the queens head on.So that was a result.I will say make sure you have you’re letters of asettation before you go.If you need any more info send me a pm and i’ll try help you out.Enjoy it though cause it’s a great experience.

daftvader:
Hi.I work for c&h.We have only done the one trip out to moscow which was last november.But we have got some more coming up.The first load is going out next wednesday.Followed by me and another driver.Double manned.We going out on the 8th of august.possible 3 to 4 weeks.Last time we went Germany,poland,latvia,lithuania and up to the border at terahova.That was where the fun began.Mind you that was mainly down to not having the original v5 for the vehicle.It’s an interesting drive once you over the border and on way to moscow.As was posted earlier watch out for drunken peasents,vehicles with no lights if you travel at night like we did.Not alot of parking once you over the border.There’s a vehicle check point a few hundred ks in.They will pull you in.Don’t worry though they were good as gold with us.And although my mate had an infringment on his card the fine was only a pound as the bloke collected them and wanted one with the queens head on.So that was a result.I will say make sure you have you’re letters of asettation before you go.If you need any more info send me a pm and i’ll try help you out.Enjoy it though cause it’s a great experience.

My Polish friend Krzysiek took this picture in Suwałki - Poland near to LT borders on last Nov '11 is that you drive?

Which way that you drive pass to Warsaw as transit? North or South side? Warsaw ring could be nightmare to drive! :unamused:

Hi betz.Yeah that was us.See someone taking some pics as we whent through.We missed warsaw.We were following couple russian guys in a ridgid.They took us another way to avoid all that traffic.Tell you’re friend that a good pic.Was trawling the net to see if I could find any.Tell him to have his camera ready again as we have some more trucks going over to russia as from tomorrow.

newmercman:
Never been to Russia, but from what I hear, a camera is an essential piece of equipment…to photograph the crumpet :laughing:

This type of crumpets :slight_smile:

Hi all. Thanks for the good info. Especially from the Russian side Moscow flyer! Does anyone know if it is possible to hire a lorry in Moscow (self drive)? 18ton rigid or similar. I have full licences in all categories.

daesal:
Hi all. Thanks for the good info. Especially from the Russian side Moscow flyer! Does anyone know if it is possible to hire a lorry in Moscow (self drive)? 18ton rigid or similar. I have full licences in all categories.

You want rent for couple day or for long time??

About 2 weeks would be ok.

Would 2 or 3week rental work?