Going from Agency/PAYE to JSA?

toby1234abc:
ETS, you can make a claim , but if you have more than £6000 in savings , this affects the amount they pay you , if you have a partner , tell them and declare their earnings .

Not on contributions based JSA.

toby1234abc:
ETS, you can make a claim , but if you have more than £6000 in savings , this affects the amount they pay you , if you have a partner , tell them and declare their earnings .
As said the job seekers allowance has gone and you will claim Universal Credit , to do that , go to the job centre , they will give a free phone number to ring , the call will take about 30 minutes .
You then get an appointment date and time , an advisor in the job centre will help making an online account with passwords for emails .
You then may see them every two weeks , in the meantime, you write notes on your online journal to say what you have done to look for work .

Thanks for the info. Tbh it seems to me it’s going to be harder to get JSA/UC than to find 1-2-3 days work per week from agencies. I’ve started ‘talks’ with the company where I’m at now to take me on full time, we’ll see. I’ve also applied for containers at Wincanton although that wouldn’t be my first choice :grimacing: (cue robroy telling me that’s exactly where I belong)

Conor:

Winseer:
In the brief three week period I spent without a job, having not signed up to an agency by that point back in 2011, I decided NOT to ever sign up for JSA “declaring my licence” after hearing the horror stories of truckers forced to take 50+ hour week minimum waged work - or be stopped the benefits straight away.

Oh god why do people automatically believe stories people tell them, especially in haulage where we all know every RDC is chocker full of the biggest bull manure speakers you’ll ever encounter…

UNDER THEIR OWN RULES you can turn down any job without sanction in the first 6 months where the pay and position does not match your last position.

In 2011■■

With RM being the full time post I left the year before, by what you’re saying, I clearly worried about nothing, if the policy you describe was in place back then, and I just hadn’t been told it.

Dinsdale:

trevHCS:
Everything has been merged into universal credit these days But working one day agency was also going to screw it up and potentially suspend the claim.

That’s total bs.You can work as many days as you can get.

entitledto.co.uk/help/Earnin … sal-Credit

Carryfast:
That’s total bs.You can work as many days as you can get.

Thats what was in the blurb they gave me when I tried and just ran on debt instead until I got agency work. This was 2016.