God I’m bored!

I’ve been off since May…and I’m bored now.
I’ve done everything I like doing,to excess.
It’ll soon be time to get back in the swing,which i’m now looking forward to.
Roll on winter

tyneside:
Hi Steviespain

When I first started I tried general advising at one of the offices but found it wasn’t really my thing. I was then asked to do some admin / general support for two full time debt workers which was a real eye opener.
Due to a reorganisation that role disappeared and for the last two years or so I have been doing general admin in the finance office at county HQ.
Due to the recent change in Data Protection regs all the HR records had to be digitised and I was handed the task. Still busy with that one!!

Tyneside

Keep up the good work, mate. I have a lot of respect for people like you.

You need a hobby, no point working just to sit at home on the weekend.

My wife asked me what i was going to do today,

me- nothing

her-that’s what you did yesterday

me-i know i haven’t finished yet.

Never do today what can be put off while tomorrow.

That way you will get bored.

I kinda see it now, the ‘bored’ thing.
Been a strange weekend for me, the wife has been back to Holland for the weekend.
Didn’t know what to do with myself tbh, bored stiff, depressed, sat miserable and bored all weekend moping and missing her all on my ownsome… :cry:

Have I ■■■■ :smiley: …on the ■■■■ with mates Saturday watching football, clubbing afterwards (lock up yer Grandmas :laughing: ) out Sunday afternoon, then took my boy to the cinema to see King of thieves,.Wetherspoons for supper afterwards…bored my arse. :sunglasses:

Wife just got back gave her the first version of events :wink: …until my mates tell her different. :laughing:

my misses heads off for a week quite often to see the family in sweden.
the main thing i ve always noticed is that for the week shes away,the ■■■ is the same,but the dishes dont half pile up in the sink?

dieseldog999:
my misses heads off for a week quite often to see the family in sweden.
the main thing i ve always noticed is that for the week shes away,the ■■■ is the same,but the dishes dont half pile up in the sink?

Class… :laughing: :laughing:
But tell the truth… is the ■■■ as good when it’s by yourself. :laughing:

the golden rule has always been…
having ■■■ with someone else can be great…but you cant beat the real thing… :wink:

I don’t have time to be bored, there is always tomorrow not started on!

OilyNutz:

jbaz73:
I may complain about going to work In the week, but god I get bored at the weekends!!!

Mrs jbaz is turning the house upside down cleaning it, so I’m watching a bit of Netflix… it’s all crap!

Makes me wonder about how I’m going to cope with retirement? Maybe I’ll stay on doing a couple of days a week?

What are you all doing?

I’m semi retired now, I pass my time by talking to older than me lonely folk in (retirement homes) who have longer boring days, thats usually 24/7 without seeing anyone.
They look forward to my visits, and we chat about allsorts, anything from remember when?, and see how much that costs now, etc. Loneliness is just as much a killer as heart disease in old folk, just slower!
Sometimes its just not all about yourself, but a friendly smile sure makes one feel good.
Works for me, give it a try, what can you lose but a few minutes of your precious time to give to someone that appreciates it. :slight_smile:

Hi OilyNutz, I wish I was one of your elderly clients. Ex Artic driver (Tankers & Continental). Now single and in ill health. Now out of Hospital and sitting alone at home with nothing but rubbish on the telly. Have thirst for intelligent conversation on the phone (My phone plan lets me talk for an hour without paying extra). Still have a few friends but they are all busy so I don’t like to bother them. House bound and need an ■■■■■■ if I want to go out, not so good on my feet and short of breath from smoking for too many years. Not looking for a shoulder to cry on. Just a good rabbit once in a while. Get tired quickly. 75 y.o. sounds like the people you visit are lucky and I am sure they appreciate it. Any contacts or ideas very much appreciated. Would even like to phone others in similar situation .

E mail sent onesock! thanks for your post :stuck_out_tongue:

There are others ,or so I have been told who say “A wummin is aw right when you cant get the real thing”. I hope that One sock has a look at community groups on face book and such like as being lonely is hard for people who aren’t happy on their own.