Getting rid of smells in the cab

You want an everlasting smell in a vehicle? Try spilling some milk! :imp:

Milk is a horror. Once it goes off the smell is there forever

I’m anti-smoking and also asthmatic with part of a lung missing. I hate the smell of smoke but also, as said before by someone, can’t cope with the smell of air-fresheners either

Which bit of ‘It is illegal to smoke in a company vehicle’ is so hard to understand??

Yes I’m a nancy and all the rest of the insults you can come up with. That doesn’t stop you smokers being selfish ■■■■■■■■ when you smoke in a lorry

recently i cleaned my seatbelt. it didnt look bad i just felt it wasnt retracting very quickly compared to the other one . theres a bunch of youtube vids on how to do it properly. cant believe the difference when you think about it all sorts of food and crud gets into the fabric weave

idrive:
New steering wheel FFS!
How can you isolate the smell of smoke to the steering wheel??

If this is not a troll then it’s all in your mind.
Had a dog throw up in my car once (an actual dog, not the ex) and even after about 50 valets shampoos and scrubbing with every product possible, I could still smell it even though no one else could and I had to sell the car

Good point. Difficult to see how a hard plastic surface retains smells after cleaning.
If the smell is only from the steering wheel area, maybe it’s due to ash or rolling baccy being spilt down inside the steering column? Bit of loose trim letting smelly crap in there?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Just one thing re. The biggest problem the OP has…the steering wheel. This would still be an issue even if the offender had legally smoked outside the truck surly? There is no legislation to say he has to wash his hands before driving off…yet [emoji57]

I can’t do with the smell of bull crap. I refuse to sit in any drivers room or transport cafe any longer in case it is forced upon me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the maoster:
You want an everlasting smell in a vehicle? Try spilling some milk! :imp:

I was just about to type the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the maoster:

robroy:
.off to pluck my eyebrows and give my boyfriend a bell, so fill yer boots. :laughing:

ya big ■■■■■■■■ Nancy! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sez the bloke who Whats apps me love hearts. :bulb:
:laughing: :laughing:

the maoster:
Try spilling some milk! :imp:

Aurosmart “Brisk” works wonders on milk and other interior stains

A full valet and washing all the curtains and bedding followed up with a aircon “bomb” tends to rid most vehicles of smells .
If others cannot smell it but you can then it’s probably ■■■■■■ symatic and you will always "smell " the problem.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

So I posted asking for advice on how to remove a smell from the steering wheel.
Thanks to those with genuine responses. It really shows how opinionated some people on here are when they start to throw insults and have to try and pick holes in what other people say. I simply asked for advice after trying various different ways, only for others (that I’d say probably have no issues with smoking it their cab) to try to shoot me down.

I’ve never had the misfortune of someone stinking the truck out before as I’ve always shared a truck with a none smoker or had one that only I drive
It’s a standard Actros rubber/soft plastic wheel.
I’ve isolated it to that area (on the right hand side near to the cruise control buttons) because I’ve cleaned down all the other areas including the buttons and soft furnishings. Yet my right hand smells like I smoke 20 a day. It’s not the greatest of smells when I’m eating my butties.

So it’s your hand that smells, not the steering wheel?

bebionic.com

The anti tobacco reed diffuser from Prices are great at getting rid of the smell. They sell them in most supermarkets.

I’d invest in a nice pair of driving gloves

robroy:

the maoster:

robroy:
.off to pluck my eyebrows and give my boyfriend a bell, so fill yer boots. :laughing:

ya big ■■■■■■■■ Nancy! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sez the bloke who Whats apps me love hearts. :bulb:
:laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

What is this industry coming too , what’s next sorry boss , I can’t do the country run as the farmers are muck spreading and it stinks my cab and my tyres out .
It’s no wonder driver morale is at an all time low , low pay bad term,s and conditions drivers ■■■■■■■■ among each other,
I’m with a lot of drivers here I can’t stand the smell of some of the air freshener type things available
Some give me a splitting headache , what do I do , crack a window open and carry on.
Yes I like the lorry kept clean but that’s it wipe down to factory finish and leave it at that
Fresh driver bedding creates a fresh smell and personal higene
You would think to listen to some of these guys they never pooped their own nappy.

Rich262:
Yet my right hand smells like I smoke 20 a day. It’s not the greatest of smells when I’m eating my butties.

Simples, eat with yer left hand … :slight_smile:

Try a Flash Magic Eraser, I’ve used them to clean my steering wheel and they do a good job at shifting the grime. Cost a couple of quid from the supermarket.

Rich262:
After some minging [zb] smoked in my usual truck, I’m after some tips in getting rid of the smell from the cab. I’ve managed to get rid of the smell from the curtains, head liner, mattress and seats, but I just can’t get rid of it from the steering wheel.
I’ve used Chrome Pink, Mega Clean (the bright yellow stuff), flash kitchen cleaner and the scented antibacterial wipes, but the smell is not shifting, apart from the wheel to my hands.

Has anyone got any tips on how to get rid it?

Fit a Fluffy pink steering wheel cover over the original one. :grimacing:
seriously!, wait until someone suffers from a dose of Diarrhea and leaves a trail from drivers seat cushion to floor of cab!, that’s a serious clean up operation. :open_mouth:

Rich262:
So I posted asking for advice on how to remove a smell from the steering wheel.
Thanks to those with genuine responses. It really shows how opinionated some people on here are when they start to throw insults and have to try and pick holes in what other people say. I simply asked for advice after trying various different ways, only for others (that I’d say probably have no issues with smoking it their cab) to try to shoot me down.

I think the point at which it became silly was when you speculated about whether the company would replace the steering wheel (at a cost of around £1000 and a morning’s downtime) because somebody had smoked cigarettes before driving the vehicle.

I would respectfully suggest that the smell is more in your head than in your nose.

And for the record, I don’t smoke.