Getting a disciplinary! Give me some advice

Vid:
When i came back to work the following week it was still sore but manageable whilst taped up.]

You’re a commercial heavy goods vehicle driver. And you think this is not placing any risk of liability on the employee’s part admitting you judged it fit to drive a heavy goods vehicle with a fractured finger, and further more it wasn’t reported? Another angle against you, right there.

Thinking straight isn’t the way these things can go. I work in aviation and believe me, what starts out as common sense with a bit of human humbleness appealing for the same in return turns into a nightmare if they think they have a way of putting the blame on you. Keep your mouth shut and don’t offer any statements of judgment of why you did or did not do things until asked, and then make sure it’s recorded and have a bloody good back up as I’ve suggested.

Are you not in the Union?

urtu.com/head_office

Hr , Human Resourses or whatever they callthemselves in you workplace are well worth watching .
Frisrt thing you need to know and understand - they are there to get the best outcome for the COMPANY not you .Facts and truth mean nothing to them they wil try to push the blame to you.
As others have said stick to what you said in your opening post - don’t give opinions but make sure to ask if the manager has been trained to open and close trailers and if not why he was involved . Why the manager did not report the accident - he has a duty of care to all those he is responsible for - if he was a back door manager he is responsible for any delivery drivers at the back door . Was the door of the trailer reported as defective - by who and when - maintenace of trailers is the companys problem - a lack of it can affect their operating licence and their insurance .
Get a union rep with you and keep turning it back on to the company - “Why wasn’t the trailer fit for purpose ?” “Why was the manager doing something he had no training for ?” “Why was no first aid offered ?”
Get to the doctor and at least get your injuries documented - the stress part is up to you and your doctor but you could be entitled to up to 6 months sick pay while your stress levels reduce and your injuries heal .

Immigrant:
Are you not in the Union?

Dafproblems:
We have 3 stewards

I would follow freight dogs advice he seems to know a lot about h+s crap

having worked at asda I doubt you will be sacked, having said that up until you have 2 years service they can get rid of you without reason.