Get rid of OAP drivers

Yes as Peter said, as soon as the CPC comes around most of the older drivers will throw the towl in. Most of them whom Ive spoken to have comfirmed this.

mick_borthwick:
Yes as Peter said, as soon as the CPC comes around most of the older drivers will throw the towl in. Most of them whom Ive spoken to have comfirmed this.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mick_borthwick:

Yes but you have to take this thread into consideration :wink:

I dont think the cpc regulations are going to make much difference to the situation…I hoped the new rules about agency workers was going to make more full time jobs available…the agencies have found a loophole so its not going to happen until a single/bloody minded individual takes them on in court…id happily make a donation to their legal costs!!!!! As for the cpc...there has already been discussions on here about cheap/dodgy courses.....as 2014 approaches you will see more and more of them.. theres a fortune to made there...they will make the ripoff training brokers look like angels!!!!. As for older drivers saying stuff that,im not doing it i think youll find 90% will do it when push comes to shove.....especially when offered the course at £100 to sit and go to sleep for two days....ive worked in too many jobs where everybody in the brew/rest/waiting room bangs on about not doing this,that or the other ,only to find when the crunch comes they are full of urine and wind!!!
To all the newbies[my lad is one!!],you have my sympathy and understanding,but 2012 is going to be a difficult year all round…

It would be great if the older generation could retire open up new places for people but to be honest I don’t think the they are the biggest problem when it comes jobs being created (eastern european being one). But I think that alot jobs would be created if the government changed the way they got the tax from people i.e fuel. I know at moment I stuck doing a muilti drop job I am not happy with at stupidly low wages with no way of earning overtime(thats another story).
I think that if they were to cut the tax on fuel alot of people wouldn’t be worried if they can afford to run there car to get to work. And what money they saved in fuel people would spend else where in shops etc. Meaning the government could earn the tax from the VAT. Also making more demand for goods etc for shops. Meaning more demand on manufacturing meaning more demand for transport industries. Meaning more jobs across the board. (if only it was that easy).
But because of the way things are we are importing more and more creating jobs in every other country bar ours.
With the 2yr experience for drivers I totally understand where people are coming from with it because I am in the same boat with class 1. But I don’t think that it is only down to the insurance its whether the employer would be willing to take the risk on a new driver. I know that some companies have to pay £100000 excess.
Which is not the only cost to a company if some one writes off a unit. Because then the company would then have loss of revenue with a unit being off the road til gets repaired or replaced. plus the penalties incured to the company for none delivery or goods. So I can see where they are coming from but then comes the other problem for new drivers how are they suposed to get experience if no one gives them a chance. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Why do all these young pups want to be drivers anyway, when I began to grow up, all the young ones were coppers :stuck_out_tongue:

£100000, thats one hundred thousand pound excess ■■ what sort of motors do they operate? Nuclear powered spaceships ?

The bigger the company gets the bigger the risk becuase of number of drivers so they more likely to have accidents. Thats why have been told that new drivers are better off trying to get into smaller comapanies if any exsist any more lol