George (Funnyfut) Pitcher

That’s crap mate. ((((HUGS))))

Hang in there. :cry:

My thoughts are with you and your famliy funnyfut
As said by others stay positive mate

Thanks for all the good wishes, I am not going to give in lightly so you have still to put up with me for a while longer.

I have another MRI scan on Friday so I have a day out at Chichester.

Don’t forget take the test

Like everybody my thoughts are with you. I dont know if you like reading, but please try to have a look at Lance Armstrongs book “It’s not about the Bike” it’s truly inspirational, he never gave in, regardless of diagnosis. This book changed my life!
Also for all men over 45 please get a test, (particularly if youve got a first relative who have had this, or female who’s had breast cancer) caught early enough it’s too easy to clear up, dont wait, 150 men in the Uk get diagnosed positive each day. Dont think cos you’ve had another type of blood test that that’ll cover it, it’s specific. Bully your Doctor, bully men in your family, if your Doctors not interested, go and pay £20 this is how much this costs. The test is called the P.S.A. test Protrate Specific Antigen test.
There is also a charity called The Graham Fulford Charitble trust, that travel the country doing free tests funded through donations, check them out inyour area.
Do it, I know what us blokes are like, sorry to bang on I’m not some old hippy, I just want you to stay around!

■■■■ me FF,that’s ■■■■ news.

However,I would echo what Biggus has said about a positive mental attitude.

Let me explain…

When I had my accident 8 years ago, (Search my posts for details.) and had to learn to walk again,the one thing that kept me going,was the fact that one of my heroes,Sir Douglas Bader CBE,DSO and Bar,DFC and Bar,had to endure the same thing,the difference was,I still had my legs!!!

What’s this got to do with your illness I hear you say?

Well,I didn’t give up,in the same way he didn’t,and it got me back to almost full health,and the reason? A positive mental attitude.

My Mum got cancer about 5 years ago,and she was almost ready to give up,until one day when I went to see her,and gave her the biggest bollocking that I had ever dared give her,and she listened and changed her way of thinking,and guess what? She’s still here,and now clear of what would have killed her.

Keep your chin up old boy,and yes there will be days when you feel like giving up,but when you look at all the good times,it will outweigh the bad times.

My best regards.

Ken.

bloody hell funnyfut im really sorry for you, i thought you hadnt been posting for a while i used to enjoy your sparing with sean.

good luck with if possible try and start the gym ( steadyly ) try and keep your strenght up if possible and fight this every step of the way.

look at what jane tomlinson acheived.

fight it never give in to it.

funnyfut:
Thanks for all the good wishes, I am not going to give in lightly so you have still to put up with me for a while longer.

I have another MRI scan on Friday so I have a day out at Chichester.

Don’t forget take the test

how did you go on mate?

The scan showed it has spread into more bone area I am having various forms of treatment but they are telling me to enjoy the time I have left. So in between the morphine and then the laxatives working I come on here to see what you are all up to.
I am enjoying life to the full and doing daft things like beach fishing not caught anything yet but its fun.
I’m not having chemo or anything as the cancer is literally in every bone so walking is a problem but manage short stints with a stick or I use the mobility scooter. I will keep fighting as I never give up but there are days when it seems like the end will not come soon enough.
Again thanks for all the good wishes and please everyone get the blood test done next time you are at the doctors, do not end up like me :open_mouth:
All the best to you all
George

Thoughts are with you George. :frowning:

Keep focused on enjoying your new hobbies.

I still find this thread so shocking. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Enjoy your fishing, I know my dad does hes been doing it for years and to date has only caught one small fish. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I was wondering how old you are Funnyfut please tell me to mind my own business if you are offended :blush: and my apologies if you have already mentioned it. :blush:

what can i say except keep us posted, my thoughts are with you as well george
i thought i was strong but i was given a chance,
you seem to be as strong as i hoped i would be if i had reached your stage.
enjoy the rest of your time, steve.

I don’t mind at all I am 59 in October just hoping I make 60 just so I can get my bus pass. Something to aim for as well as getting my free prescriptions. I must catch something one day I will take a photo and put it on here when I do.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

words are failing me with this thread just carry on with what you enjoy most.

I just thought I would do an update as I am sitting here bored :neutral_face:
My Macmillan nurse has just left after putting in the implant I have in my stomach which is to slow the cancer cells from spreading. I have got my blue disc for parking and I am going through all the paperwork for the various benefits that I might be able to get. The best bit of all is because I am classed as Terminal I have to tell them every time I speak to anyone how much longer I think I have got :unamused: The local council officer I was speaking to told me that if I died before the reduction in council tax was paid would I let them know :open_mouth:
My pain is controlled now by the Morphine and Oramorph when needed (which is not too often) walking is a problem but short distances(10mtrs) are doable. Got a mobility scooter arriving soon so I will be able to get out more and even do my fishing :laughing:
I am involved with the local Macmillan support group and at the moment I am helping with the steam rally being held at New Pound on August bank Holiday.
I will keep updating every now and then meanwhile thanks for all the support and good wishes.
George

Thanks for the update honey its good to hear that you are as comfortable as you can be under the circumstances. I have a comedy image of you and your scooter on the beach with your fishing rods. :smiley:
Lots of love to you and yours.
Lindsey.

i’m glad lindsey said it first and i’m not the only one with the comedic image of you going fishing on your scooter, but in mine you’ve got a big fish and its taking off pulling you and your scooter behind it (cartoon style)
keep up the good work, and next time the council officer asks a stupid question tell him yes you will, if he comes and finds you :laughing:
unfortunately they don’t employ people to use their brains anymore, just how to tick the boxes.
i had the same problem when i was neutropenic, they wanted me to attend the job centre, i explained that it wasn’t possible and they would have to make sure they had a member of staff that had no sniffles to come and see me.
apparently its not in their list of do’s and don’t do’s so they didn’t know how to handle it,
i was in hospital at the time and after a 5 minute conversation with matron, it was decided they didn’t want to be responsible for me getting an infection and i’ve been paid ever since, without going into the office.
and to be on the safe side they signed me off until sept 2010 just in case
keep yer pecker up mate, steve.

George!! I have just seen this and am gobsmacked and totally gutted!
Don’t know what to say at the moment :frowning:

TheBear:
George!! I have just seen this and am gobsmacked and totally gutted!
Don’t know what to say at the moment :frowning:

Exactly the same for me Funnyfut, and how right you are to highlight the early signs.
I didn’t have any of these classic signs, peeing at night, unable to pee, but a routine check here led to a scan which discovered an enlarged prostate with a small cyst inside. There is no suggestion that this is cancerous only that if it is not treated it will cause problems later for just about everything further back in the system. So, I’m going in in October for the op. Keyhole surgery. Can you guess where the keyhole is? :open_mouth:
One feature of the scan was that I was instructed to drink a litre of water beforehand and not to urinate. That is hard, and after the scan and he told me to empty the relief can be imagined, especially as he had been pressing very hard with his sensors. So you can imagine my surprise when he checked me out again and informed (and showed) me that my bladder was only 75% empty.
The point of all this is to back up Funnyfut’s message and get checked if your over 50, a neatly gloved finger up your bum is nowhere near as bad as you imagine and only lasts a few seconds anyway. :open_mouth:
And no, I’m not coming out of the closet. :unamused: :laughing:

Good luck with the key hole David

You sure you are not coming out :wink:

The best of luck David, they have obviously found it early and can take out the cyst with no future problems. Thanks for bringing it to the notice of the members on here, if, as you say, they just take the time to have the check done it will 90% of the time prevent the prostate becoming cancerous. As my thread subject says “I took the warning signs to late” please all don’t make the same mistake.
George