George Allison Transport, Darlington. Insufficient notice

Roymondo:

Winseer:

Roymondo:

msgyorkie:
Very illegal. Check your notice period when resigning - Citizens Advice
If you leave within 1 month of employment then you do not have to give notice. My union solicitors would be having a field day if this happened to me.

But as clearly stated in that link: “If you’ve been in your job for less than a month, you don’t have to give notice unless the contract or terms and conditions require you to.”

Yeh, but as I said earlier - if a contract has written in it “A previously illegal transaction anywhere else is now legal because we said so in this contract” - then it’s a duff contract, and any decent soliciter - would tear it to shreds in court…

The Gov website - has managed to aid and abet illegal transactions - by excusing them in their too-loose wording of their own guidance on their own website! Sheesh!

That quote isn’t from a Government website…

ACAS have pretty much the same advice on theirs as well.

The reason I know this is because I am required to give 1 month notice of leaving and having been offered a new job I looked into the possibility or legality of only giving 2 weeks notice. I scoured the gov.uk website and came across a more detailed webpage explaining giving notice in more detail. And it quite clearly stated that if in employment less than 1 month then regardless of what your contact says LEGALLY you dont need to give notice to quit.
I have been busy the last few days and havent had time to search for it all again and to be honest I cant be arsed.

msgyorkie:
The reason I know this is because I am required to give 1 month notice of leaving and having been offered a new job I looked into the possibility or legality of only giving 2 weeks notice. I scoured the gov.uk website and came across a more detailed webpage explaining giving notice in more detail. And it quite clearly stated that if in employment less than 1 month then regardless of what your contact says LEGALLY you dont need to give notice to quit.
I have been busy the last few days and havent had time to search for it all again and to be honest I cant be arsed.

Oddly enough, I’ve seen something on an official website that says I am entitled to ten grand and a ■■■■■■■ for every year of continuous employment, but I also can’t be arsed to find it again so you’ll just have to accept my assertion that it’s true.

Roymondo:

msgyorkie:

Oddly enough, I’ve seen something on an official website that says I am entitled to ten grand and a ■■■■■■■ for every year of continuous employment, but I also can’t be arsed to find it again so you’ll just have to accept my assertion that it’s true.

If you do find it can you post the link for myself (and many others I’m sure)

toonsy:

Roymondo:

msgyorkie:

If you do find it can you post the link for myself (and many others I’m sure)

Hell ! Who needs a link? If its on tinternet it must be true.
Ill be seeing the boss Monday morning about my ten grand bonus, but I wont tell him the bit about the B.J.

Tell him about the BJ - Think of it as a bargaining chip. As in - “How much is it worth if I don’t insist on the BJ…?”

Winseer:
But there again, in my mind - an Umbrella fee is also an illegal deduction,

No it isn’t. You sign up to the umbrella company, you sign a contract that states the fees.

Conor:

Winseer:
But there again, in my mind - an Umbrella fee is also an illegal deduction,

No it isn’t. You sign up to the umbrella company, you sign a contract that states the fees.

Sadly I think Winseer has this idea that any deduction other than tax/NI/Pension etc that are required by law is “unlawful” - totally oblivious to the rider that deductions you’ve already agreed to are allowed.

What I find surprising is that Allinsons would make a wage deduction like this within a month of losing a legal action in which they did exactly the same thing and it was made clear to them that this is illegal.

We have a member who is apparently a Traffic Commissioner, I appreciate that Allinsons may not be in his/her geographical area but why are DVSA not taking steps to revoke Allinsons operator’s licence? Surely the whole point of Traffic Commissioners is to get rid of cowboy operators? There are no ifs, no buts and no grey areas. Allinsons run illegally and need to be got rid of.

Harry Monk:
What I find surprising is that Allinsons would make a wage deduction like this within a month of losing a legal action in which they did exactly the same thing and it was made clear to them that this is illegal.

We have a member who is apparently a Traffic Commissioner, I appreciate that Allinsons may not be in his/her geographical area but why are DVSA not taking steps to revoke Allinsons operator’s licence? Surely the whole point of Traffic Commissioners is to get rid of cowboy operators? There are no ifs, no buts and no grey areas. Allinsons run illegally and need to be got rid of.

Maybe just a casual look into their financial state could prompt an action. It happened to the old Stobart when they were supposedly cash rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumpy_old_trucker:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/60f00f41e90e0764c7950c5e/Mr_D_Jordan-Gathercole_v_George_Allinson_Transport_Ltd_2500112-2021_Reasons.pdf They don’t learn do they!

Maybe they do. I’ll place a gentleman’s wager that they’ve quickly rehashed their contract to now read, ‘any costs incurred due to insufficient notice, may be deducted… etc’ or words to that effect.
This driver would have definitely signed a revised contract following that court loss. So now, if Allinson’s had to pay agency fees for 2 weeks to cover the driver, I’m sure that’ll come to £600 (+wages). Or what if there was a ‘failure to deliver’ clause in the work this driver didn’t take out. Even just having to re-advertise, re-assess/interview/employ, all these things are documented thus provable.
And what about this driver’s profession courtesy? Fair enough he didn’t like the job, but to just leave them in the lurch. He hasn’t done his future employment any favours.
Finally, there is obviously some morale issue at the company to cause walkouts. Maybe their methodology is more stick than carrot. Something they’d be wise to address, it could save them £600 every three weeks!

Wheel Nut:

Harry Monk:

Maybe just a casual look into their financial state could prompt an action. It happened to the old Stobart when they were supposedly cash rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a casual look, don’t seem to be struggling.

What a load of nonesense, another driver giving not notice when required, you hear one side of the story, he spits his dummy out and decides to try this sort of stunt. If it is in the contract then he needs to give it. I notice his name is not on the so called pay slip? Pathetic.

Khaza001b:
What a load of nonesense, another driver giving not notice when required, you hear one side of the story, he spits his dummy out and decides to try this sort of stunt. If it is in the contract then he needs to give it. I notice his name is not on the so called pay slip? Pathetic.

You might want to open your eyes and try again. I notice that your (only) other post was in 2012, also defending Allinsons. I guess you received Harry’s email then. :laughing:

DCPCFML:
You might want to open your eyes and try again. I notice that your (only) other post was in 2012, also defending Allinsons. I guess you received Harry’s email then. :laughing:

ha ha Good call :smiley: :smiley:

DCPCFML:

Khaza001b:

Hahahaha…the mentality. hahahha pathetic.

Yorkshire Tramper:

DCPCFML:

the mentality of some people is shameful. Think you know something you do not …hahahaha . really both stupid and pathetic…never thought two things in some many people.

Khaza001b:

Yorkshire Tramper:

DCPCFML:

the mentality of some people is shameful. Think you know something you do not …hahahaha . really both stupid and pathetic…never thought two things in some many people.

OK, so I guess your 1st language is not English.
Please try and explain why your employer (or sugar daddy) is correct to deduct a working mans wages?
As for your comment about him hiding his name, please furnish us with your name if you have nothing to hide.

Perhaps he should’ve just dropped a trailer or two on its knees ala a certain Jenkinsons driver. At least that way I’d you’re going to lose pay you get some fun for it.

it’s Bread wi’ Nowt Taken Out.

Pretty standard thing. Elldis did the same to me. I learnt that if your going to quit you are better off ringing in sick for a week. Get you cash the following Friday and then leave. They will threaten you that they will take you to court but they never do.