Gears

The trucks i drive at the minute well, you push a little knob to the bit where it says A press a pedal and off you go. :slight_smile::).

Volvo I shift what an amazing gearbox somebody said it has a manual override but i havent seen the need for it yet its incredible,auto boxes MUST be the way forward in trucks.

Pat Hasler:
I used to love EPS boxes, when you think of how advanced they were compared to these crash boxes were still fit in trucks here. Frieghtliner have just invented them, or so I was told last week by a Frieghtliner sales rep trying to sell our company some Argosy’s,… which personaly speaking I would love to have, but alas the other drivers refuse to drive cabovers, so it was not to be :frowning:

US trucks must be bad if you want an Argosy. I’ve driven one (with the crash box) it’s a 2000 motor and about 15 years behind the European trucks in terms of ride comfort, noise and equipment. Most driver now refuse to take it on the road because the mirrors are so bad, especially for a left hand drive in the UK.

I’m talkin’ ‘The New Argosy’ model, very nice with an almost EPS box, I have seen the odd one with Merc badges and an ‘ACTROS’ tag also :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Pardon me for being a bit slow, but do you mean they have rebadged Merc Actros as Freightliner Argosy? Is thier some link between Merc and Frieghtliner? Our Argosy is nothing like a Merc. :cry: I fact I prefer to drive the 1987 model Merc in the yard. :slight_smile:

this is the new argosy,
i sat in one at the 2003 mats.
the step idea is a big no no in my book.
but other than that is was a bit of a mix of american/european. not that bad and not that good either

Somehow I cant see them steps lasting long with numpty drivers in Vauxhall repmobiles

muckles:
Pardon me for being a bit slow, but do you mean they have rebadged Merc Actros as Freightliner Argosy? Is thier some link between Merc and Frieghtliner? Our Argosy is nothing like a Merc. :cry: I fact I prefer to drive the 1987 model Merc in the yard. :slight_smile:

MERC own Frieghtliner and it was an Argosy with a Merc Actros badge, not the other way around. The new Frightliner Sprinter vans here are the old Merc Sprinter vans etc, if you take a close look at some of the Frieghtliner day cab truck you can see the drivers section is that of old Mercs from the late 80’s, ditto for Macks which are owned by Renault, the new Mack straight trucks (rigids) have the ‘smiley face cab’ that Renault have had for some years. I was in a Mack dealer last year as they took delivery of three of them and I comented about Relault having them on the market for some years, I was not believed, I later showed them an old copy of ‘Truck & Driver’ with some in and made them eat their words :laughing: