Future tacho rulles?Good or bad?

Cabotage imo is only a good thing, do away with it and transport and all following costs rise across the board…

AndrewG:
Cabotage imo is only a good thing, do away with it and transport and all following costs rise across the board…

:confused:

Cabotage is a bad thing.Remove what remains of cabotage regs and the East Euros will wipe out what remains of the west euro transport industry in just the same way that they now dominate the the west euro international transport market with their limited cabotage and third country operations.

Although that’s obviously a side argument to the issue of us maintaining access to the UK-EU haulage market as a non AETR member state,with our own ( updated ) domestic hours regs replacing EU ones,in which I seem to agree with Rob.

Carryfast:

robroy:
My point was that the limits would be much less if the rules were designed purely for our benefit as you said…but I think you knew that. :wink:

How difficult can it be to update domestic regs to say 12 hours minimum daily rest and 48 hours weekly rest.While getting rid of most of the other unnecessary,over complicated seperate duty/driving time bollox.Or split or reduced daily/weekly rest etc etc except in limited circumstances only when away from base and certainly not 3 weeks away living in a truck between full weekly rest periods.Obviously no chance of that under EU/AETR regs.

No chance, that would be far too easy, and too much like common sense to devise a system that simple and clear.
‘‘They’’ prefer the present cluster ■■■■ of rules, whereby you just about need to be a Lawyer to fully understand the intracies of all that horse crap.

Andrejs:
http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regdoc/rep/1/2017/EN/COM-2017-277-F1-EN-MAIN-PART-1.PDF
If i understand correctly tacho weekly rest can taked 45-24-24-45-24-24-45 if this rulles start working.

But 45-24-24-45 is legal now.

Conor:

Andrejs:
Good administration practices of the European Commission
If i understand correctly tacho weekly rest can taked 45-24-24-45-24-24-45 if this rulles start working.

But 45-24-24-45 is legal now.

They’re talking fixed week, which isn’t legal now

not many changes there that would affect uk drivers, …apart from having 2 x 24 weekly rests…in any order but within four weeks…so that would by pass the eu idiotic ideas of sleeping in a truck for the 45 hr rest.as we would almost certainly make it home for the weekly rest…The EE however may find it difficult as they tramp around europe for weeks on end, but may be lucky to find a country where they can happily rest for their 45 without restrictions. What i would have liked to have seen is the forcing of employers to pay for all accommodation and food for the period it wasnt possible to sleep in the cab…now that would benefit drivers.

truckyboy:
not many changes there that would affect uk drivers, …apart from having 2 x 24 weekly rests…in any order but within four weeks…so that would by pass the eu idiotic ideas of sleeping in a truck for the 45 hr rest.as we would almost certainly make it home for the weekly rest…The EE however may find it difficult as they tramp around europe for weeks on end, but may be lucky to find a country where they can happily rest for their 45 without restrictions. What i would have liked to have seen is the forcing of employers to pay for all accommodation and food for the period it wasnt possible to sleep in the cab…now that would benefit drivers.

If it’s supposedly about driver ‘welfare’ then the regs would say 12 hours minimum daily rest and only one reduced weekly rest period allowed between full weekly rest periods,not two.Also all full weekly rest periods to be taken at the driver’s place of residence.

On that note it’s obvious that the new rules are all about facilitating the East Euro third country tramping ( soon also open cabotage ) operations.With the no full weekly rest in the cab rules just being a bs diversion in that regard. :unamused: