Full time job, agency on the side

I think thats wrong…Tax is paid on your total income and not just for the main employer…the same as a pensioner who works, will also have his pension taxed as well…as this is added to his total annual income. so any other employer would stop your tax and NI…and the main employer would do the same, and the tax office will add it all together, and send you the extra bill if there is one.

To the original op…i wouldnt ask a new employer Is it ok if i did a bit of work for so and so down the road every other week…as he is likely to tell you…work for him, or leave…many take offence at your suggestion, and to be fair…so would i as a boss…personally i dont see the reason why…surely the second job is gonna pay more than enough.

truckyboy:
I think thats wrong…Tax is paid on your total income and not just for the main employer…the same as a pensioner who works, will also have his pension taxed as well…as this is added to his total annual income. so any other employer would stop your tax and NI…and the main employer would do the same, and the tax office will add it all together, and send you the extra bill if there is one.

To the original op…i wouldnt ask a new employer Is it ok if i did a bit of work for so and so down the road every other week…as he is likely to tell you…work for him, or leave…many take offence at your suggestion, and to be fair…so would i as a boss…personally i dont see the reason why…surely the second job is gonna pay more than enough.

It does work as described - one employer applies PAYE tax allowances in accordance with your normal tax code, any additional employer or pension provider uses a different, special tax code which results in you paying tax on the entire second income (No personal allowance).

If your combined pay would put you into the higher tax bracket, HMRC tweak the primary tax code so that the total tax take works out correctly at year end.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

On a personal note, I couldn’t give a monkeys if you work elsewhere than Albion Transport for a few hours each week. However, legally I have an obligation to make sure that your WTD does not exceed 48 hours a week and I can’t do that if you are working elsewhere, be it driving or working behind a bar. And if by week 15, you were unable to work because your average hours were too high, that wouldn’t be going down well.

Can you imagine the story in the paper, driver tired after working two jobs, stops in lane 1 for 12 minutes ( doesn’t matter why he stopped or that his second job was helping out at the model yacht weekly convention) and a minibus of kitten cuddling nuns was squashed by another trucker. It would still be evil haulier making people work stupid hours ( yes they are stupid enough without a second job).

There’s a no other work clause in our contract and we enforce it.

There used to be instances of factory workers doing night trunks etc…fast route to an early grave…and not always your own

commercialfleet.org/news/la … uble-fatal

Mechanic by day, trucker by night. Became a full-time prisoner.

More here:

fleetnews.co.uk/news/2014/9 … sts/53601/

albion:
On a personal note, I couldn’t give a monkeys if you work elsewhere than Albion Transport for a few hours each week. However, legally I have an obligation to make sure that your WTD does not exceed 48 hours a week and I can’t do that if you are working elsewhere, be it driving or working behind a bar. And if by week 15, you were unable to work because your average hours were too high, that wouldn’t be going down well.

Can you imagine the story in the paper, driver tired after working two jobs, stops in lane 1 for 12 minutes ( doesn’t matter why he stopped or that his second job was helping out at the model yacht weekly convention) and a minibus of kitten cuddling nuns was squashed by another trucker. It would still be evil haulier making people work stupid hours ( yes they are stupid enough without a second job).

There’s a no other work clause in our contract and we enforce it.

The End! [emoji12] Exactly correct.