Full-sized sleeper LV-cabbed ERFs

[zb]
anorak:

robert1952:
One for the melting pot. Robert

RHD, but LHD wipers. Explain that!

Blimey, that’s weird! I know of only one (day-cab) LHD LV cab and that went to CENTO in Turkey on NGO work to Iran, I understand. Here’s a picture of it for comparison. Robert

erf001Aaa.jpg

Here’s an A-series with a full sleeper and rear windows at the same level as the rest. Impressive-looking beast possibly on and off TIR-work. Picture copyright of PM Photography. Robert

robert1952:
Here’s an A-series with a full sleeper and rear windows at the same level as the rest. Impressive-looking beast possibly on and off TIR-work. Picture copyright of PM Photography. Robert

I thought A series’ had the axle set back (7LV■■? Don’t ask me!)? Whatever, that cab is a conversion, I reckon. The “proper” ones had the side window recessed into the panel- that one just has a plain hole cut into the panel.

[zb]
anorak:

robert1952:

I thought A series’ had the axle set back (7LV■■? Don’t ask me!)? Whatever, that cab is a conversion, I reckon. The “proper” ones had the side window recessed into the panel- that one just has a plain hole cut into the panel.

Yeah, you’re right there. And actually, if you look at the radiator grille panel it looks as if it’s come another lorry. Another ‘bitsa’ then! Robert

Good old Paul Gee: best pic yet of Eric Vicks full-cabbed A-series with 250 ■■■■■■■■ Jake-brake, 9-sp Fuller and roof-mounted air-con for Middle-East work (A/C not on cab in this pic). Robert

L3999p.JPG

robert1952:
My favourite example of an A-series full-size LV sleeper is one that Eric Vick ran on Middle-East work. You can see it in these two pictures below. That A-series had a 250 ■■■■■■■■ Kysor air-con and a Jake-brake! Robert

1 The Late Bob Sanders and myself Rog Longdon

The second picture was taken by Chris Till from Harem truck stop in Istanbul, who was driving the ERF NGC next to it. It is a detail from a full picture which appears in Lorries of Arabia 2.

Further to the above ^^, here are two new (to me) pics of the Eric Vick conversion. Robert

at last!.jpg
At last2.jpg

M20-Truck-Photos-ERF.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

Is that a parking ticket under the n/s wiper?

Suedehead:

ERF-NGC-European:

Is that a parking ticket under the n/s wiper?

No mate, being an A-series ERF, it’ll be a two-sided sticky post-it: the wiper mounting having become detatched. I’ll get my coat… Robert :laughing:

Bumped up to complement the new LV thread. Plus a new pic, posted by Sandway on the Promotor thread. Ro

34.jpg

Here’s a rather unusual one that Buzzer popped on another thread this morning:

ERF-NGC-European:
Bumped up to complement the new LV thread. Plus a new pic, posted by Sandway on the Promotor thread. Ro

That was a very smart motor, looks “right”.

Nmp