Fuel tanks sizing

sapper:
Who is your company, I saw a driver fill up 4 ad blu cans that were in a bp services last week and secure them on the truck, he didn’t have any plant on board, it was a curtainsider, so I’m guessing it was for personal use, I’m sure if a driver was ripping me off, he would be in a vegetive state by now.
Sapper

Let me say this, you know nothing of the situation here but are ready to grass somebody up. It’s just possible this driver has been screwed over by his boss and is extracting his revenge which is fair enough in my book. Just because one of the thieves happens to be the boss doesn’t give him the moral high ground! Just a thought…

TiredAndEmotional:

sapper:
Who is your company, I saw a driver fill up 4 ad blu cans that were in a bp services last week and secure them on the truck, he didn’t have any plant on board, it was a curtainsider, so I’m guessing it was for personal use, I’m sure if a driver was ripping me off, he would be in a vegetive state by now.
Sapper

Let me say this, you know nothing of the situation here but are ready to grass somebody up. It’s just possible this driver has been screwed over by his boss and is extracting his revenge which is fair enough in my book. Just because one of the thieves happens to be the boss doesn’t give him the moral high ground! Just a thought…

A fair point but the chances are that this driver is part on the small but significant thieving community that makes life so much more difficult for all drivers.

These guys steal fuel, pallets, straps, lights, spare wheels, a few cartons off the trailer and the list expands.

What boils my blood is when they they feel entitled to my gear or diesel as well so I would much prefer if people didn’t turn a blind eye out of some sense of mistaken driver solidarity to this thieving scum cos they will rob your too the first chance they get.

Everybody in every walk of life has an occasional gripe with their boss but steady thieving is never deemed an acceptable response. A badly wronged guy would get even and get out quickly not mess about with a few liters of diesel on fill ups.

Feel free to grass him up and if he is innocent his boss will quickly tell you.

Unfortunately many of the robbers are OD’s.

That’s my 2 cents worth anyway.

Hurryup&wait:

TiredAndEmotional:

sapper:
Sapper

A fair point but the chances are that this driver is part on the small but significant thieving community that makes life so much more difficult for all drivers.

These guys steal fuel, pallets, straps, lights, spare wheels, a few cartons off the trailer and the list expands.

What boils my blood is when they they feel entitled to my gear or diesel as well so I would much prefer if people didn’t turn a blind eye out of some sense of mistaken driver solidarity to this thieving scum cos they will rob your too the first chance they get.

Everybody in every walk of life has an occasional gripe with their boss but steady thieving is never deemed an acceptable response. A badly wronged guy would get even and get out quickly not mess about with a few liters of diesel on fill ups.

Feel free to grass him up and if he is innocent his boss will quickly tell you.

Unfortunately many of the robbers are OD’s.

That’s my 2 cents worth anyway.

Chances are this boss is part of a significant thieving community who has knocked his driver for some money and this driver is evening up the score? See where I’m coming from?

TiredAndEmotional:
Chances are this boss is part of a significant thieving community who has knocked his driver for some money and this driver is evening up the score? See where I’m coming from?

Yes, getting even is always better than getting mad so it’s definitely a possibility if perhaps a very slim one.

But I guess all our views infleunced by our past experiences in life.

sapper:
Sapper

Just remember that you don’t know the whole story. I’ve been reported for filling up Jerry Cans at the station before - It was to be used in our forklift truck in the yard, its only one forklift and does maybe 10 hours work a week, so getting Red for it is a ■■■■■■■ pain, especially when we have a truck in a fuel forecourt everyday…

I’ve also been reported by my Landlord, for stealing fuel from the lorry. When in fact I was pumping Ad-Blue INTO the bloody truck…

Luckily my gaffer is smart enough to know the difference between real life and a real busy body.

As others have said. Brim the tank and take the mileage, then run the truck and brim the tank and take the mileage again. Then there is no ifs, no buts, no coconuts!

I know what you are saying guys, but a thief is a thief, whether it is a boss, od or whatever, I hate ■■■■■■■ thieves, I would never steal from an employer, if it was felt I was being cheated, I would not steal for personal revenge, I would just leave, what is the ■■■■■■■ world coming to?.
Sapper

Hi
It turns out to be a 450 litre tank, I have had a very strong word in the drivers ear about the fuel, he blames the truck, I have ran a few ideas like banning him from south mimms and having a week where he is local and does not draw any fuel, then things changed, we went from losing 200 litres ( between the drawn fuel and the tracker fuel) to 50 litres ! and with a anti syphon device being fitted the mpg difference changed from 2-3 to 1 mpg.
I also told him that he is putting his job at risk with the fuel going missing ( had no hard evidence) and the truck running at 5-6 MPG and told him that he would redundancy it the cost continue to be this high. the truck is now at 8-9 MPG.
Thanks for everyone input.
Hubman

sapper:
I know what you are saying guys, but a thief is a thief, whether it is a boss, od or whatever, I hate [zb] thieves, I would never steal from an employer, if it was felt I was being cheated, I would not steal for personal revenge, I would just leave, what is the [zb] world coming to?.
Sapper

The world has always been like that. If you’re an honest gaffer then I’m an honest employee. I learned from our lords and masters I’m afraid to say. Exel Logistics managers turned me.

A 3mpg swing in your favour! All from an anti syphon device, I’m no rocket scientist, but the facts do point towards somebody stealing your fuel.

newmercman:
A 3mpg swing in your favour! All from an anti syphon device, I’m no rocket scientist, but the facts do point towards somebody stealing your fuel.

+1

Anti syphons on dafs make me smile twist the fuel sender/pick up a few degrees and you can lift it out high enough to get a pipe in there, not looked at the scanias yet.