Fuel pump handle locker

Pop - rivet

back in the day :unamused: (i know) if you looked on top of the pump there would be a a piece of something to do the job that a comrade had left… :wink:

adammur:
What do you use to lock the pump handle in place when fueling up?

Been using ad blue cap until now but the ad blue cap is too big on this new volvo.

Can you buy something online. That does the job?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

The answer is right in front of you if driving an artic, either of the electrical susies. Just unhitch from trailer, put under trigger - bingo.

Why carry something else when it is right there. The male end fits perfectly (well it would wouldn’t it) :stuck_out_tongue:

Sand Fisher:

adammur:
What do you use to lock the pump handle in place when fueling up?

Been using ad blue cap until now but the ad blue cap is too big on this new volvo.

Can you buy something online. That does the job?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

The answer is right in front of you if driving an artic, either of the electrical susies. Just unhitch from trailer, put under trigger - bingo.

Why carry something else when it is right there. The male end fits perfectly (well it would wouldn’t it) :stuck_out_tongue:

That seems a bit of a long winded solution :unamused: :unamused:

a small piece of wood…2" wide…is all you need…i painted mine to look like curtain tassles…then added a dozen pins to look like spotlights…so many ways to brighten them up…but as they say size doesn’t matter…2inches is fine. :smiley:

pierrot 14:
Pop - rivet

Yep, works for me.

2p coin always works well for me

I use a jump lead clamp, then clip it to the susie frame so its handy when i need it

I get my butler to do it.

Conor:
Small jewellers screwdriver or a straightened out thick paperclip. The only difference between the ones that lock and don’t is that they took the pin out of the handle, the little lever is still there. So shove one of those small jewellers screwdrivers or the end of a straightened out paperclip in the hole where the pin was and you’re good to go. Much easier than trying to wedge stuff in the handle.

Have a pop rivet through the last link of a small chain with the stem left on. This is screwed under the flap on one of the cars I have with a bigger tank.

Use this in the same way as Conor’s paperclip

wheel nut indicator (solid type, not the ring type) turned on its end. Push the arrow part under the handle first and it’ll wedge in nicely

Spare ad blue cap but have done the 50p piece cheat in the past.

Love the posts from people saying they take half of the truck to bits just so they can get something which will jam the lever open :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :unamused: . And hands up who here just happens to have a spare ad-blu cap knocking around? :unamused:

A piece of fancy pottery.

Wedge Wood.

Sidevalve:
A piece of fancy pottery.

Wedge Wood.

Class! :smiley:

FLIP:
2p coin always works well for me

Ah but when the digi- currency rolls out…creek,sans instrument :confused:

Wheel nut cover.

Fits perfect and you literally pass it to get to the tank.