Fuel Protest

Rallyman:
So wot ur all saying is ur happy with wots going on in this country ur happy with being told how to live ur lifes ur happy with high unemployment and high crime levels, high living costs and no wage rise by the time ur ready to retire there wont be a pension scheme because there wont be nothing left because the government will have given it all away and it will be left to the next generation to sort it out.

£1.10 per litre or £1.50 per litre won’t make enough of a difference.The only way to change things is to tell any prospective parliamentary candidate at the next election,who supports the idea of road fuel taxes,instead of getting rid of them altogether and then putting it all on income taxes instead,to zb off and don’t vote for the zb’s.If none of them want to support that idea then don’t vote for any of them.Simples.

However the rest of the problems are all caused by importing stuff that we (could have made) for ourselves and by keeping all of the oil and gas in the North Sea for ourselves sold at cost price.However it’s probably too late to sort that problem out now so it looks like we’re headed for the same fate as Greece. :imp: :unamused:

dominicpriestley:

billybigrig:

dominicpriestley:
How much do full stops costs these days? Have they been priced out of the market? :laughing:

He could do with the odd period, if he’s not on it already :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hehe! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I half see his argument, but lets say fuel dropped to £0.50ppl tomorrow. Would it stop whats happening in the country? Nah, is the easy answer. The deficit would still be there to pay. The guvmit would be getting less from fuel so they’d still have to increase the tax. The NHS will still be costing billions more and the population would still be concentrating on paying down personal debt rather than make big ticket purchases. The cycle will go full circle eventually and the good times will be back, but a huge correction is needed first. Lets hope high oil prices will spur on development of alternative fuel vehicles.Electric motorbikes and cars etc. If the bankers are getting big bonuses then thats for them to decide.I am constantly told there is no money in haulage, yet I was in a hauliers yard on Tuesday and there were 4 directors cars, all new Range Rovers with private plates. This company either have a sensible buisness going, or they are headed for disaster.

And what the zb are you going to fuel your mickey mouse electric car or motorbike with assuming that all the tax then gets put on electricity instead.In which case you’ll be even worse off because the government will be clever enough to charge the same tax on domestic electricity too because unlike road fuel they can’t differentiate road fuel electricity from domestic. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

3300John:
the opec countries are hikeing up the cost of crude. theyre passing the buck onto anyone who’s
buying.

Do you actually have any idea how much of the pump price of road fuel in UK is made up of taxation. :unamused:

Carryfast:

3300John:
the opec countries are hikeing up the cost of crude. theyre passing the buck onto anyone who’s
buying.

Do you actually have any idea how much of the pump price of road fuel in UK is made up of taxation. :unamused:

64%…was on the radio yesterday about it. And in fact 10 years ago (or was it 20■■) it was 81%
So taxation in real terms has decreased its simply OPEC raising the price.

Rallyman:
So wot ur all saying is ur happy with wots going on in this country

I’ve not really noticed anything to make me unhappy to any great extent.

Rallyman:
ur happy with being told how to live ur lifes

I live my life as I want, I don’t hear anyone telling me to live it differently.

Rallyman:
ur happy with high unemployment

Never been unemployed since the day I left school in 1976 so not something that bothers me.

Rallyman:
and high crime levels,

Sorry about that, I’ll try and cut back a bit.

Rallyman:
high living costs

Some things cost more than others but my wages more than cover my necessary outgoings and that’s all I want.

Rallyman:
and no wage rise

We’ve just had a pay rise plus been given 5 extra days holiday a year, we get 33 days now.

This used to be a United Kingdom well its happening the government still stand to make there millions even if its sitting at the same rate as europe. Its easy seeing the dunkirk spirit has gone things in this country will never change with atitudes like that the public are making a stand along with hauliers and other groups if ur in ur in if not take ur atitude else where because this was once a great nation but u put idiots in power.
Coffeeholic u get told wot to do everyday either by ur work or if u dont work then it must be from the benefit office so u do get told wot to do r u gonna turn round and say im not paying my taxes when u buy fuel, food or anything ur being told wot to do or do u think u get life for free wake up man.

This is wot ur up against ignorance this country is full of it. If a good thing happens ur all cheery because u think uve got one up on the government or its a treat if u like living under a dictatorship by all means be happy but it no way to live ur life.

Opec passes the costs on granted but this government adds more tax to line there pockets.

Rallyman:
Coffeeholic u get told wot to do everyday either by ur work or if u dont work then it must be from the benefit office so u do get told wot to do

Getting told what to do at work is not being told how to live my life, I choose to work there and in return for them paying me I do things they need doing. Where I work I don’t get told to do something I get asked and it’s still my choice if I do it or not, no one’s holding a gun to my head or has kidnapped family members.

Rallyman:
r u gonna turn round and say im not paying my taxes when u buy fuel, food or anything ur being told wot to do or do u think u get life for free wake up man.

No I don’t think you get life for free and I don’t really mind paying my way through tax and the things I either have to or choose to buy. Again that’s a far cry from being told how to live your life.

Rallyman:
by all means be happy but it no way to live ur life.

Being happy is no way to live your life? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Looks like I’ve made a bit of a mistake. Turns out you’re a much bigger idiot than I first thought. Please accept my apologies. :wink:

Cool breeze.

Carryfast:

dominicpriestley:

billybigrig:

dominicpriestley:
How much do full stops costs these days? Have they been priced out of the market? :laughing:

He could do with the odd period, if he’s not on it already :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I half see his argument, but lets say fuel dropped to £0.50ppl tomorrow. Would it stop whats happening in the country? Nah, is the easy answer. The deficit would still be there to pay. The guvmit would be getting less from fuel so they’d still have to increase the tax. The NHS will still be costing billions more and the population would still be concentrating on paying down personal debt rather than make big ticket purchases. The cycle will go full circle eventually and the good times will be back, but a huge correction is needed first. Lets hope high oil prices will spur on development of alternative fuel vehicles.Electric motorbikes and cars etc. If the bankers are getting big bonuses then thats for them to decide.I am constantly told there is no money in haulage, yet I was in a hauliers yard on Tuesday and there were 4 directors cars, all new Range Rovers with private plates. This company either have a sensible buisness going, or they are headed for disaster.

And what the zb are you going to fuel your mickey mouse electric car or motorbike with assuming that all the tax then gets put on electricity instead.In which case you’ll be even worse off because the government will be clever enough to charge the same tax on domestic electricity too because unlike road fuel they can’t differentiate road fuel electricity from domestic. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Yep, they probably will, but that is a few years off yet. However, once the nations car owners are forced off the roads by high fuel prices (as everyone keeps saying they will) the guvmint will loose out on car tax and taxes generated from fuel from these people, so something else will need to be taxed to make up the shortfall, will it not?

During the last lot of protests, the hauliers from around here who were featured in the local press were those who’d bought new wagons instead of hanging onto their old ones (“Hinos are cheap!” gang) and those who slow is less than 55mph and did the jobs nobody else would touch. Yes fuel prices are a huge factor but many hauliers make things worse by working for stupid rates.

msgyorkie:

Carryfast:

3300John:
buying.

64%…was on the radio yesterday about it. And in fact 10 years ago (or was it 20■■) it was 81%
So taxation in real terms has decreased its simply OPEC raising the price.

The fact is the tax charge on the product is a lot more than the producers are actually charging for the product itself.No surprise that the government prefer to publicise the tax rate as a proportion of the total price because that doesn’t sound so much of a rip off as saying that the procuct is subject to more than 100 % taxation. :imp: :unamused:

The oil companies are actually charging us less for the product than they could be getting for it elsewhere in the world world even though those other parts of the world pay almost half as much as we do at the pump.

So assuming that we do end up going to war again with Argentina for Falklands oil you can bet that they’ll be selling the stuff in Argentina not here. :unamused: :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

“Dunkirk Spirit”, “living under a dictatorship”, “used to be a United Kingdom” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Is this a party political broadcast on behalf of the Tooting Popular Front ■■?

Or are you really Alf Garnett ■■? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

dominicpriestley:

Carryfast:

dominicpriestley:

billybigrig:

dominicpriestley:

Yep, they probably will, but that is a few years off yet. However, once the nations car owners are forced off the roads by high fuel prices (as everyone keeps saying they will) the guvmint will loose out on car tax and taxes generated from fuel from these people, so something else will need to be taxed to make up the shortfall, will it not?

Yes like I said the zb electricity for your mickey mouse electric car or motorbike but with the addition of the same tax being applied to your household electricity and gas bill too just to make sure that no one decides to use a natural gas powered genny to charge up their electric car. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

I joined the protest in 2000 at an oil distribution depot outside Norwich. It was a great atmosphere, even with the couple of Coppers who were detailed to be with us each day. But on the last day when it was agreed that the blockade would move on, the mood changed, there were loads of Coppers there and video cameras, and telly. I felt that after all the pally pally approach of the preceeding days, the old bill had been told to make it look like they were in charge. I also think that the Government and the Police had been caught napping and the whole protest grew so fast that they were constantly reacting to events, instead of controling them, as they would prefer to belaeve that they do.
Since 2000, it would be astouding if the Government machine had not set up protocols for dealing with such an event in the future.The Police to will have put together strategies for dealing with this type of protest. I dont think that the feul protest’s as they happened then will ever be able to take place again. Also I remember that as we drove away with the promise of a hauliers forum and a reveiw of the price of fuel, the price went up 2p a litre :unamused:

If the occasional poster wants to blockade something, why doesn’t he or she do it where it affects the things he is complaining about;

50p on business tax, VAT set to rise again, fuel rising just about every day now along with DLA being cut, child benefit being cut, gas costs rising, electricity still high, council tax rising, rent going up and not to mention food prices rising and the list is endless and they are trying to get us to use public transport with rail fares going up and bus fares rising well where do u stop but when u think about it wages arent rising to meet these costs,

Blockading an oil refinery at 7pm on a Friday night just as the bankers and ministers are settling down with a nice bottle of Chablis or a large G&T. The first they will know about it is when they get the Sunday Times or go to the golf club on Saturday morning.

You are really like a stuck record RM, the protests don’t help, and unless you go to the heart of government with a fair sample of the UK stakeholders, using lorry drivers to help the cause of farmers and chelsea tractor drivers, it isn’t going to work, again…

NTSA + 4

dominicpriestley:

it’s a quid for a full stop and i am skint so i won;t be using any at all if you catch my drift did you watch eddie stobart last night what a good program that was i also just got out of the shower with a Eddie stobart towel that i brought for £50 wow what a towel, it takes me an hour to dry

mickyblue:

dominicpriestley:

it’s a quid for a full stop and i am skint so i won;t be using any at all if you catch my drift did you watch eddie stobart last night what a good program that was i also just got out of the shower with a Eddie stobart towel that i brought for £50 wow what a towel, it takes me an hour to dry

Stop winking over it… :laughing:

Rallyman:
Hi everyone once again were at that point again weve lost companies due to rising fuel costs and seen to many people reduced to poverty well enough is enough Fair fuel uk are lobbying for a 2.5p reduction in fuel which doesnt make much difference when the government wants a 3p rise fuel is already rising its gone up this week already as uve all seen on the news and at the services its sitting at £1.57 a ltr. I am part of a nationwide group against rising fuel costs and we are staging a serious of protests at Stanlow oil Refinery and Grangemouth Oil Refinery every Friday at 7pm we are also putting together a mass nationwide Protest where you will see a return to 2000 when there was go slows and panic buying etc, weve all had enough we want the Government to make fuel equal to europe where it is about £1.10 to £1.15 a ltr instead of lining there pockets. We have the support of the public now and also have the public and other group joining us, were looking for more support from more hauliers and other groups to make this successful so that were not paying through the nose and loosing our Industry to foriegn Companies theres to many foriegn trucks on our roads so join us and make a difference

drive-alive.co.uk/fuel_prices_europe.html

That’s a link to average prices of fuel in Europe. It’s in Euro’s so we can knock a few pence off, but can you point the £1.10 and £1.15 ones out for me please? And the UK price is on their in Euro’s for comparison.

For those that don’t want to click on the link: (1st price is Unleaded, 2nd is Diseasal - prices of 21st Feb 2012)

Austria 1.43 1.42

Belgium 1.56 1.40

Czech Rep 1.35 1.36

Denmark 1.77 1.61

France 1.60 1.43

Germany 1.68 1.51

Hungary 1.26 1.26

Ireland 1.60 1.56

Italy 1.80 1.74

Latvia 1.41 1.40

Luxembourg 1.39 1.27

Netherlands 1.70 1.40