Front fog lights

Washwipe:
And insinuated that that no kick up to the left was nonsense, Google Xenon Flat Beam :wink:
The lever method has is old hat now, last vehicle I had with a lever was seven years ago.

UK = Kick up on the left
Continental = Kick up on the right.

SOME UK cars do have a feature for euro driving that will either flatten the beam, or switch it to kick up on the right. NO UK cars will have a flat beam only, they must have a kick up to the left. Its all in the regs. (I design and manufacture headlamps for various car, bus and truck manufacturers)

It’s the kick up to the left that dazzles oncoming traffic, reckon my handbook must be incorrect by stating that no adjustments required when traveling abroad.

All right now.

Some factory-fitted OEM and Xenon bulbs don’t require adjustment – the beam pattern will be completely flat, so you won’t need to modify them at all.

autobulbsdirect.co.uk/blog/ … in-europe/

I am seldom impressed by vehicles these days but the memsahib has acquired a new Ford Fiesta for work. As to drive it on country roads, main beam comes on automatically and dips when a car comes into view, no more flappy plastic, dazzling prat’s or violent rows. I presume if you switch the fog lights on the headlights remain dipped.