French minimum wage

I have warned him and I agree with you
We are both owner drivers and I am starting to go over there from next month so need to do it right

Franglais:

sheep1:
It’s says doesn’t matter if owner of vehicle
Still Need rep

“Ownership of the vehicle is irrelevant in terms of posted worker rights.”
My point is that a V5 in the same name as the driver may be sufficicent to establish “self employment”?
And you`ve said your mate reckons he will be OK without a rep?
His choice, of course.

A few years back, none of this existed, but it does today, and a few grand in fines for “silly bits of paper” happens.
Im not commenting on good/bad etc. Im not saying you can`t do many runs with no issues.

I should think most Owner Drivers are actually limited companies, so does that make them technically employees of the company?

I remember when the French were going to have a national toll box having to send the companies certificate of incorporation, so maybe if that has the directors name on it, that might be enough to prove they were the owner of the company.

I have been self employed in the past (not a ltd company) and had to declare that to HMRC, but I don’t remember getting anything back to confirm it, but then I didn’t need to not sure if there is something from HMRC to prove it.

Yes ltd so employees

Never mind!
Just take it to the European Courts Of Justice and we can agree to let them…oh…
Sorry. :smiley:
Back on topic…
Try and it right first time. The fines can be quite eye-watering nowadays.
Youll hear lots of talk (some of it actually true!) of "getting away with it" in all sorts of topics. But remember there is a high level of reporting bias: the stories of "I went for the big un" are repeated and exaggerated, the stories of “I did summat silly and got caught” are not often told.

sheep1:
Has anyone been asked for it

Yes .When stopped in a ministry check I have been asked for a payslip or my contract of employment. Both of which I carry .
I drive a Spanish registered truck for a French company .

Franglais:
Never mind!
Back on topic…
Youll hear lots of talk (some of it actually true!) of "getting away with it" in all sorts of topics. But remember there is a high level of reporting bias: the stories of "I went for the big un" are repeated and exaggerated, the stories of “I did summat silly and got caught” are not often told.

The French record on obeying ECJ rulings is one of the worst in Europe so would probably make very little difference anyway.

Mazzer2:

Franglais:
Never mind!
Back on topic…

The French record on obeying ECJ rulings is one of the worst in Europe so would probably make very little difference anyway.

Must admit I’ve no idea on enforcement etc of rulings. Where did you find that info?

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:
Never mind!
Back on topic…

Must admit I’ve no idea on enforcement etc of rulings. Where did you find that info?

Can’t find an exact reference however this link shows EU member states compliance with EU rules and France is near the top for non compliance and their record for non payment of fines is not good either. It is hard to go through EU and find exact figures and having spent the last hour trying to get an exact answer am now giving up. the link below gives general compliance or non compliance to EU rules, my point being that in general France likes to pick and choose which parts of EU rules it wants to abide by, perhaps if the UK had adopted this policy the EU wouldn’t have been so unpopular in the UK
ec.europa.eu/internal_market/sc … dex_en.htm

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:
Never mind!
Back on topic…

Can’t find an exact reference however this link shows EU member states compliance with EU rules and France is near the top for non compliance and their record for non payment of fines is not good either. It is hard to go through EU and find exact figures and having spent the last hour trying to get an exact answer am now giving up. the link below gives general compliance or non compliance to EU rules, my point being that in general France likes to pick and choose which parts of EU rules it wants to abide by, perhaps if the UK had adopted this policy the EU wouldn’t have been so unpopular in the UK

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:
Never mind!
Back on topic…

Thanks for that. [emoji3]
I’ll get a look at it later.

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Thanks for that. [emoji3]
I’ll get a look at it later.

[/quote]

[/quote]
I’d look at it about 5 minutes before going to bed as it will have you asleep in no time :smiley: