Freightliner .....

waynedl:

tonka236:

jessicas dad:

kindle530:
its stories like these that are the reason i will never ever in my life be a box jockey, thou the 4-5hr wait to get the box unloaded massively appeals to me.

You see the appeal is sat watching films or reading books for a few hours, now the downside is when you shopping for weeks food for work… You might as well buy double, while your there pick up some new clothes a size bigger as well.

^^^ +1 to this ^^^

Never had trouble at Birmingham or Garston. Manchester can be hit or miss the the attitude. However, if busy as we pulled for them direct we could also get preference so we could make our booking times by jumping the queue.
Leeds is useless to say it politely. We used to sub direct for Logico (Frieghtliners road haul side). We could go up with their own correct paperwork, emails from themselves with the box number, our reg, the correct release number. We would be told to … go forth and multiply (or words to that effect) and told to get off the terminal. Probably the worst terminal we went to.

Yeah, Leeds is the worst I’ve dealt with, followed closely by Manchester and Garston.

Donny is ok, but that’s been explained, and Southampton was great, told me exaclty what to do, where to go and didn’t arse about, just put the box on, and I was off.

Never been Donny only ever parked up outside of it unfortunately.
Southampton is probably the best one we dealt with. Gave me points about the different transfer areas when I first went down there to pick up my notes for the box coming of the quay.