France on total lock down as of 12.00 tomorrow

Franglais:

biggriffin:

the maoster:

m.a.n rules:
from my many experiences on the shuttle bus I suspect this is where the virus mutated… :unamused: [emoji38]

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: It’d have to be a bloody hardy virus to survive that bus!

Are they still using the bus, with what’s happening or allowing folk to walk to the carriages.

Are the carriages that much better than the bus? Horrible.

Yes but they are reducing capacity so therea more “space” between drivers.

Until the Eastern Europeans get out of each cab two by two.

Not gone back yet but I’m hearing it’s taking about five hours to get through. Website days theres delays but it’s not often right…

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

Franglais:
Yes, the Brittany site says all sailings cancelled on the update section.
But does that apply to freight also? That site is primarily for the public.
It may well do there are no sailings at all, but it could be freight will move.
Yannick, at Brittany, retired a couple of weeks ago. He’s bought a pizzeria a few kliks up the coast, and was after starting up before Easter…poor bugger.

I"m on the ferry at Ouistreham now, asked the booking clerks before about the service to and from Portsmouth, they said that it will still be running but for freight only, so you were right Franglais

I hear the restaurant on the boat is closed?
After eating in my cab I was hoping for summat decent.
M-way service areas closed except for fuel.

All facilities are closed, shops, bars, restaurants.
As soon as you board you have to go straight to your cabin and stay there for the entire voyage,
the 30 minute announcement to leave your cabin has now been replaced with
“in 30 minutes we will be docking in …, please stay in your cabin until we arrive at the port
where you will be able to return to your vehicle”
Deck 5 first, then deck 3.
One good thing, NO SHARING cabins !!!

Coming back from Portsmouth Thursday, was told that there will be another service running as from Friday 20/03
Portsmouth / Cherbourg / Portsmouth, again freight only.

Looking at their timetables looks like only the Mt St Michelle is running in March and half of April
brittanyferriesfreight.co.uk/19901

Portsmouth Le Havre is heavilly reduced, 1 more sailing this month and very few in April
brittanyferriesfreight.co.u … h-le-havre

All other routes are cancelled until mid-April

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

Franglais:
Yes, the Brittany site says all sailings cancelled on the update section.
But does that apply to freight also? That site is primarily for the public.
It may well do there are no sailings at all, but it could be freight will move.
Yannick, at Brittany, retired a couple of weeks ago. He’s bought a pizzeria a few kliks up the coast, and was after starting up before Easter…poor bugger.

I"m on the ferry at Ouistreham now, asked the booking clerks before about the service to and from Portsmouth, they said that it will still be running but for freight only, so you were right Franglais

I hear the restaurant on the boat is closed?
After eating in my cab I was hoping for summat decent.
M-way service areas closed except for fuel.

All facilities are closed, shops, bars, restaurants.
As soon as you board you have to go straight to your cabin and stay there for the entire voyage,
the 30 minute announcement to leave your cabin has now been replaced with
“in 30 minutes we will be docking in …, please stay in your cabin until we arrive at the port
where you will be able to return to your vehicle”
Deck 5 first, then deck 3.
One good thing, NO SHARING cabins !!!

I had to share a cabin on my crossing.
After dinner at the Captain’s table he asked which of the young ladies (his daughters apparently) I would like to accompany me to my state room?
He always does this for me though. Nice bloke, known him since he was the 2nd oarsman.
(Apologies to Toby and the Mayor’s daughter)

Franglais , no need to apologize about the Mayors daughter , I had to share a cabin with Carryfast , I am still attending my anger management courses and mental health meetings.

Just heard this, the minister for transport here in France, has stated that he will remove the block on

Service Stations, Aires de Repos, toilets and Routier Restaurants, allowing them to serve food
on a take-away service only.

stating that they are an indispensable service for the drivers keeping the country supplied.

A map of these will be available in following days on Bison Fute.
I’ll post it when it becomes available, unless someone beats me to it.

Also issuing a derogation for trucks to run on Sunday

Just goes to show you. Regardless of the risk, even a ferry company looks both ways and allocates powerless hand ringing powerless drivers shared cabins. Which they accept because they have no choice.

David H:
Just goes to show you. Regardless of the risk, even a ferry company looks both ways and allocates powerless hand ringing powerless drivers shared cabins. Which they accept because they have no choice.

That’s just it, they’re not . Every driver has his own cabin at the moment, because of the risks.

OwenMoney:
Also issuing a derogation for trucks to run on Sunday

Not sure if it’ll be all trucks Owen, going by his statement,
it’s for hauliers supplying to the food chain RDC’s to keep stock supplies for their shops,
so essential dry goods, food and drink, animal feeds, will join the already running chilled and frozen.
Can’t see the Gendarmes allowing trucks loaded with building materials, scaffolding ,car transporters,
containers, or other non essential goods to run on Sunday.

trm24.fr/publication-demain-de- … -20-avril/

Lifting of restrictions until 20 04 -

Also drivers hours increased to 10 hours a day and 11 hours twice a week

Weekly limit 60 hours

Fortnightly limit 102 hours for the next 30 days

trm24.fr/wp-content/uploads/202 … nduite.pdf

OwenMoney:
https://trm24.fr/publication-demain-de-larrete-sur-la-levee-dinterdictions-de-rouler-pour-les-camions-les-week-ends-jusquau-20-avril/

Weekly limit 60 hours

Nice find Owen, knew about the permit to drive this Sunday,
but didn’t know it had been extended to April 20th or about the change in hours.

Hope our transport office haven’t seen this :laughing: :laughing:

OwenMoney:
https://trm24.fr/publication-demain-de-larrete-sur-la-levee-dinterdictions-de-rouler-pour-les-camions-les-week-ends-jusquau-20-avril/

Weekly limit 60 hours

Article 3 says
National and International, so looks as if it includes UK reg trucks too?
With the current empty roads, it should be possible to knock out quite a lot in a day.

The trm24 site also has a nice map of places that are open and also of transport firms who are open to letting drivers park in their yards and use their showers and facilities - which is nice .

I did see some, but not all, parking areas were open yesterday too.

I don’t know who will need the extra drive time- I don’t -but good luck to them. Just the foreign fly boy’s I suppose………

OwenMoney:
The trm24 site also has a nice map of places that are open and also of transport firms who are open to letting drivers park in their yards and use their showers and facilities - which is nice .

I did see some, but not all, parking areas were open yesterday too.

I don’t know who will need the extra drive time- I don’t -but good luck to them. Just the foreign fly boy’s I suppose………

Yeah, Yeah, Bloody Brits cominoverere…!

:smiley:

Franglais:

OwenMoney:

Weekly limit 60 hours

Article 3 says
With the current empty roads, it should be possible to knock out quite a lot in a day.

Not right Franglais, this change is about French hauliers,
the statement being made here is that the restrictions will include drivers doing national and international trip
Article 1 is the key point and everything below refers to that article

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

OwenMoney:
Publication de l’arrêté sur la levée d’interdictions de rouler pour les camions les week-ends jusqu’au 20 avril - TRM24.fr

Weekly limit 60 hours

Article 3 says

Not right Franglais, this change is about French hauliers,
the statement being made here is that the restrictions will include drivers doing national and international trip
Article 1 is the key point and everything below refers to that article

Ah. Thanks for that.
:smiley:

Here’s a new one on me, came over on the Connemara, Cherbourg/Portsmouth today.
They put a plastic refuse bag just before you arrive, on you cabin door handle, for you to recoup and fill it with :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Your towel, pillow case, duvet cover, and bed sheet

Apparently to. > protect our cleaning staff <

WTF is all that about■■?
I do hope they’re wearing gloves whilst they are actually making the beds■■?

And here’s another thing that baffles me :open_mouth:

When you go to book in they will no longer touch your ID card/passport, you have to just show it. The staff will not touch anything you handle. I can understand that, but BUT, When they give you back your cabin card, boarding permit and if your frigo, température control sheet, they have it in THEIR HANDS ~~ NO GLOVES, and you’re expected to handle it.
Give me a break WTF. !!!