France and Fines

Harry Monk:
I always stop for a second, maybe two, in order to avoid any argument about whether I did or didn’t come to a complete halt.

The way I do is to approach the Stop sign without changing down as you would for a Give Way, no point as you are stopping anyway. Once I have stopped I then select the gear I want and move away. Only takes a second or two and as you say it removes any doubt as to whether you stopped or not

Harry Monk:
After all, I only encounter two or three a day at most, and fifteen seconds wasted a week won’t kill me.

Exactly, although I guess for the hurry up I want to kill myself brigade those seconds could be vital.

Wait until you are pulled by “les douaniers”.Last month coming up from Barca up to Kolm(?)fr 68, via nantes,bike pulled me in ,I was full of bulk milk powder(loaded in france) heading for a veal farm,worried no BUT white 20 odd ton of white powder■■? :confused: .Last week got pull by VOSA J24 M62 95 mins stuck there,mind you the french licence got them,sense of humour by must be part of the job…

DEANB:
Just out of intrest what was the admin error that cost your company
945 euros ,seems quite abit ? would be intrested to know as i do
removals to France now and then ■■

The admin error was that I had handed in the wrong weeks tachos. I got pulled on Tues Jan23rd. I had that weeks tachos ( I had only started on Monday). I had tachos for the week commencing Jan15th but instead of having the week commencing Jan 8th, I only had Jan 1st. I had handed in the wrong weeks tachos, which I informed the TM was down to him as he should have noticed it was the wrong week.
So the 'orrible little woman decided I was missing a week. She fined me 7 x €135 (total €945) for each missing tacho!! I argued that the fine should only be 5 days x €135 as we only do a 5 day week. She said No. When I asked her how many cards were in the envelope for week commencing Jan 15th, she said 5. So I asked was I going to be fined for 2 missing cards in that week and she said No so I argued that the fine was 5 days worth not 7 but all to no avail. I was a bit slow and was going to try the ‘weeks holiday’ routine but I remembered that the week commencing 15th I started in Benidorm though afterwards I realised I could have explained that away by saying I flew out to take a sick driver over.
I asked if there was anything wrong with the three weeks worth of cards I did have and she said they were excellent so I asked why she was fining me then as it was obvious I was not a ‘naughty boy’. I also asked that I be allowed to have them faxed through and she said No.
All in all, this was one miserable mare who obviously needed to make a name for herself.

froggy:
Wait until you are pulled by “les douaniers”.Last month coming up from Barca up to Kolm(?)fr 68, via nantes,bike pulled me in ,I was full of bulk milk powder(loaded in france) heading for a veal farm,worried no BUT white 20 odd ton of white powder■■? :confused: .Last week got pull by VOSA J24 M62 95 mins stuck there,mind you the french licence got them,sense of humour by must be part of the job…

You working now Froggy?? Last time I saw you post you was wallowing in self pity down there complaining about everything and nothing lol

Thanks for that explanation thebear, 135 euros for each tacho seems faily
steep ! Have you noticed how the speed cameras are popping up all
over France ? The tom/tom sat nav picks them up and gives you a
warning,and to be fair your pretty safe in a lorry as most seem to be set
at 90 or 110 ks however a different story if you are driving a car.
Also you probably know as you tramp the Nantes to Bordeaux route
fairly regularly but the last few times ive been along it i have always seen
the police with a mobile camera with a motorbike ready to nab you !