France advice request from a journalist

Whoops, forgot to tick the replies box. :blush:

Evening les amis,

Nice to see you back on here David, still keeping busy it seems :wink: I just read that post of yours about Chez Jo, what a shame, but it appears to be a growing trend, I enjoyed a few decent meals in there thanks to your advice. Hope all is well with you?

Pierrot, I’ll send you a PM with my mobile number as it would be good to catch up on the phone one evening when you’re running in France (rather than in the UK). Maybe you might even come down to Agen, as we’ve always got a couple of your trucks in every day delivering from Messageries Laitieres.

One thing you mentioned rang very true with me, STEF love to give you papers to fill in. At the start I thought I couldn’t hack it, but seven years later I’m still on the firm. It’s just a case of knowing which papers actually need to be signed, as I started off signing every POD space on the Ordre de Mission, but then one of the ther drivers told me to ‘laisse tomber’ and I’ve not wasted ink on those since. Up in Vire you also have those in-cab computers . . . we don’t have those, just a work mobile with a fiendish app called M Trak. Very few people are fans of that, including the office staff.

Bonne route a tous

Craig

Moved to a different post