Foreign languauges

Used to be able to speak Romanian pretty well about 5 yrs ago. Dont need it so much in Felixstowe just yet.

I used to drive primarily in the Canadian province of Quebec. Since my name is an extremely common one up there, I found that people just assumed I was Quebecois, so I had to learn at least passable French pretty quickly. I still comes in handy once in a while, since we have some trucks that go there, and a couple of our Polish drivers speak better French than English.

Over the years I have managed to become fluent in German, Dutch and Spanish and can also defend myself in French, Portugues and Catalan and a bit of the Basque language has penetrated the brain cells in passing.

KW Wrote:

But I have picked up enough to get me by and order a meal in a restaurant

I suppose in Belgium that is easy enough :stuck_out_tongue:

Frites Met Mayo

Frites Zonder Mayo

Two choices really :laughing: :open_mouth:

as with most everyone else here i have picked up a few snippets of the other tongues.
i am by no means fluent or any where near it but i manage to get by in french, german and used to be quite good with the italian but have not been there for a number of years and like everything else in life if you don’t practice regularly then you lose bits or get out of shape.