Ford cargos love or hate

One of the cargo’s i drove for Don, picture taken at lincoln water festival, Was a “G” plate, and was written off by another driver going head to head with a leyland roadrunner, and he won :open_mouth:

These ones are (or were until v recently) in use around the docks at Newlyn

And I’ve posted this on here somewhere before - but here’s Wesley Jones still working his 6 wheeler

fryske:
These ones are (or were until v recently) in use around the docks at Newlyn

They’re still there.The tipper is ex- Cornwall Highways i think and is used to collect ice from the plant in the harbour and tip it into the holds of the trawlers.

The tanker is permanantly parked i think.Used as storage and the boats have to come alongside to re-fuel.

ex 611 what we had ,rest in peace,better there that on road :smiley: :smiley:

Nearly always when you see a scrapped chassis with the wheels missing…someone has out the wheelnuts back on!

del949:
Nearly always when you see a scrapped chassis with the wheels missing…someone has out the wheelnuts back on!

the wheels are just for loan whith the nabo ,as doubles on frontaxle sold to boattrailer.about 5yesrs ago he sed get you replasement next week :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

del949:

That’s how you know it’s not ■■■■■■ - they would have pinched the nuts too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sdg1970:

fryske:
You were obviously at Malvern too - this other Cargo was a decent one - Ford Cargo 3828
■■■■■■■ L10 powered

Rare breed by fryske, on Flickr

Thanks for that pic - didn’t know it existed that one! A very early 3828 on a C-plate, perhaps THEE earliest survivor with an LT10■■[/qthank

Thanks for the pic of the c reg i think it might of been recabed at some time

marathon1975:

sdg1970:

fryske:
You were obviously at Malvern too - this other Cargo was a decent one - Ford Cargo 3828
■■■■■■■ L10 powered

Rare breed by fryske, on Flickr

Thanks for that pic - didn’t know it existed that one! A very early 3828 on a C-plate, perhaps THEE earliest survivor with an LT10■■[/qthank

Thanks for the pic of the c reg i think it might of been recabed at some time

Quite possible; and definately one of the very first ■■■■■■■ L/LTA-10 engined Cargo’s. Acording to DVLA, this one was registered 08/86 - and as I recall they didn’t come in until after Iveco took 48% share of Ford Commercials (europe) and wasn’t that in July of 86’!?!

Here’s a Whitbread 3828 in Heinekin livery at Brighton in 1992.

the cargo was new on a k plate and had a 220 ■■■■■■■ in it that motor flew

de de deeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Super Cargo!

I loved the first cargo I bought, ex Royal Mail 7.5tonner, it was a great little workhorse. Unfortunately I then bought an Iveco Cargo :frowning: :frowning: . It was the biggest load of crap ever built !!
In my opinion all Iveco did with the Cargo was ruin the good name of a product Ford had spent years refining. Mine was so bad Iveco replaced it with a new one after less than two years!! Stupidly I don’t have a photo of the “good” Cargo only a shot of the “devil motor” and its replacement. regards Kevmac47

regards Kevmac47. Ps That green curtainsider in the background is the only shot I have of the Ford.

Roger Hastings runs a few successfully these days

some pf rogers cargos

Picture 008.jpg

Pics

Bryan Wathchorn Cargo 1313 1984.jpg

Very tidy x tractor in Dusseldorf, not the norm for these boys they like there German eqpt

1 in Marseille

image.jpg

Used to live on a main road in Leicester in the mid 80s . Fresha bread used to have cargos with ■■■■■■■ v8s in them . You could hear them a mile away .