For cab happy sad gits LOL

madmackem:
:shock:

The Queen Mary had a smaller turning circle than that thing

It’ll still have a smaller turning circle than an :imp: MAN…

the nodding donkey:

madmackem:
:shock:

The Queen Mary had a smaller turning circle than that thing

It’ll still have a smaller turning circle than an :imp: MAN…

So true

the nodding donkey:
It’ll still have a smaller turning circle than a W :imp: MAN…

Once they have decided which direction they’re going, no amount or oversteer will change the direction of travel :stuck_out_tongue:

It doesn’t have to be that silly.They also have the ideal combination of full width conventional cab which combines Euro visibility with American crash protection and enough decent living space such as the Volvo VN.While anyone who says they’d prefer to drive a Euro heap with a synchro box over that and a fuller probably says more about the driver than the truck.Also bearing in mind that both provide the option of I shift for those who don’t like to,or who can’t,drive.

centralvalleytruckcenter.com/images/VN780.jpg

Everything else is personal preference and image with a lot to be said for the looks of a classic Pete conventional at least.

While that selective silly abortion is just about the worst possible choice in that regard in exaggerating all the downsides without any upsides. :unamused:

Where are the airlines ?

fingermissing:
Where are the airlines ?

Snapped or stretched to death no doubt .

It’s not photo shopped, the air lines are under the chassis at the rear and hook underneath, some have the air lines come from posts about 4 feet from the trailer, I see many of these useless heaps on my travels, another stupid thing is the sun visors that come down so low that sitting in the driving seat you can’t possibly see any traffic lights and if you ask the drivers how they can see those traffic lights they answer ‘I see the reflections on the hood’ I remember being pulled by DOT at Clifton Park NY once and a similar truck was being inspected next to me, they are drawn to DOT like magnets, the driver was ordered to remove the visor before proceeding. This is a mentality that to me is beyond belief ? I do understand why some drivers would do this to enter shows etc, but to use to haul for a job is just stupid.

commonrail:
What’s the stadium in the background?

It’s a racing stadium, Talledaga I think, I didn’t take the photo, I just looked it up, but it is the exact same vehicle.

its the one the song is about,
give me forty acres and ill turn this truck around

Carryfast:
It doesn’t have to be that silly.They also have the ideal combination of full width conventional cab which combines Euro visibility with American crash protection and enough decent living space such as the Volvo VN.While anyone who says they’d prefer to drive a Euro heap with a synchro box over that and a fuller probably says more about the driver than the truck.Also bearing in mind that both provide the option of I shift for those who don’t like to,or who can’t,drive.

Everything else is personal preference and image with a lot to be said for the looks of a classic Pete conventional at least.

While that selective silly abortion is just about the worst possible choice in that regard in exaggerating all the downsides without any upsides. :unamused:

The American truck expert has spoken, blow down before his superior knowledge

switchlogic:

As much of a twonk as Carryfast is, in fact he is the only member of Tnet I have blocked LOL, he had a certain amount of truth in that statement. My truck is full width with amazing visibility, crash protection, radar controlled self braking and so much room inside I could actually put my old Scania sleeper cab inside. On the down side they are technically decades behind the UK and Europe, I have not even seen a truck with suspension that lifted the rear as well as lowered it to drop the trailer, mine still is only 3 years old but has a Fuller /Eaton roadranger gear box, something made virtually obsolete years ago back home LOL.
Mine is the one with the union jack LOL

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

The American truck expert has spoken, blow down before his superior knowledge[/quote
Ahem . think you mean bow down Luke . He does have a point though , I’d much prefer a shifter to my current I-shift and can only imagine it’s going to get worse with our on coming silly season of snow and ice , especially when empty , bloody thing just spins the wheels when pulling away with no interaction from my throttle response . Sodding technology .

This guy saved up and got a sleeper big enough to fit the space.

ChrisArbon:

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

flat to the mat:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

[/quote
Ahem . think you mean bow down Luke . He does have a point though , I’d much prefer a shifter to my current I-shift and can only imagine it’s going to get worse with our on coming silly season of snow and ice , especially when empty , bloody thing just spins the wheels when pulling away with no interaction from my throttle response . Sodding technology .

I’ve always found Ishift equipped Volvos to be very good in the snow personally

ChrisArbon:

Again, totally pointless LOL, how the f*** does anyone expect to ever get round streets with anything like that ? It’s just a straight line truck, put it on I-80 in Wyoming and drive the whole way through Nebraska and that’s about all you can do with the mess LOL.

flat to the mat:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

My old company is replacing their small fleet with Volvo’s equipped with I-shifts, the drivers who have been through a couple of winters say they were surprised how good they are in the snow.

[/quote

ChrisArbon:

That tractor unit alone is as long as my whole 30ft bodied Merc Actros 26t 6 wheeler rigid :open_mouth:

NB12:
Where’s the prop shaft?

It’s front wheel drive :unamused:

blue estate:

ChrisArbon:

That tractor unit alone is as long as my whole 30ft bodied Merc Actros 26t 6 wheeler rigid :open_mouth:

Or there’s the opposite extreme but much more practical and to my liking.But obviously no good for nights out at all unless you set up an awning between the prime mover and the trailer. :smiley: :wink:

bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/sh … C_0297.jpg