Fodens.

Buxton Peak District 039.JPG

servo88:

I wish I had a pound for every time I’ve driven through those gates , only used for parking now , main depot is now on the Harpur industrial estate .

rigsby:
I wondered about the air cleaner , iirc those with the Gardner had an oil bath air filter on top of the engine . Maybe the one in the picture had a Leyland 680 . Having demisters fitted would seem a tad optimistic if it were a Gardner .

The “Sandbach Cousins” LV had an oilbath air cleaner on the passenger footwell bulkhead, it was on the outside, accessed from under the lifting grill. The drumbeat from the filter when the ■■■■■■■ was "hummin"on full song was unforgettable, as was the stink from the air cleaner as the oil heated up! :unamused: :unamused: Don’t want to steal any thunder from the thread :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :wink: :wink: but, here’s one :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev. Ps tin hat firmly fixed!!! :imp:
IMG_20190707_194427.jpg

All is forgiven Kev. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Stay safe my friend, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0All is forgiven Kev. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Stay safe my friend, Regards Larry.

Very period. Did you run it from new? Just a straight question: what made you pick Foden over other marques?
Peter

My second Foden, Mickey Mouse S 21, 150 Gardner engine, 12 Speed Foden G/box, Served me very well, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0My second Foden, Mickey Mouse S 21, 150 Gardner engine, 12 Speed Foden G/box, Served me very well, Regards Larry.

Were the greedy boards already on Larry ?

Yes Dan they were , It had been on coal haulage in Ashbourne, They were handy when I was hauling Spratts from North Shields fish Quay, To Hull Grimsbey & Frazerbrough, I had a fold down bed made to fit the Foden Cab, I used to remove them when I hauled sand & gravel loads locally, Regards Larry.

Hi Dan, Minus he greedy boards, 16 Tonne plus payload, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Hi Dan, Minus he greedy boards, 16 Tonne plus payload, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.0

Big fan of the Zannetti, Lawrence, still got mine in the shed. :slight_smile: Also twin mirrors on the driver’s side. I have always been a keen mirror enthousiast, I even modified the n/s mirror on my Mk.1 Atki at Midlands Storage to see the nearside one through the screen, a la Mk". :laughing:

Lawrence Dunbar:
Hi Dan, Minus he greedy boards, 16 Tonne plus payload, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.0

You changed your colour scheme!

essexpete:

Lawrence Dunbar:

You changed your colour scheme!

I think the first pic is when it was still in the livery of Sellers and Kent of Ilam who owned it previously.

Pete.

Spardo:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Big fan of the Zannetti, Lawrence, still got mine in the shed. :slight_smile: Also twin mirrors on the driver’s side. I have always been a keen mirror enthousiast, I even modified the n/s mirror on my Mk.1 Atki at Midlands Storage to see the nearside one through the screen, a la Mk". :laughing:

Sorry it’s not a Foden but I thought it might bring a few memories back Spardo

gazsa401:

It does of course Gasza, spent a lot of my time in Atkis one way or another over the years, but that picture is a bit lacking for my old eyes and there isn’t an enlargement facility. :wink: :slight_smile:

Spardo:

gazsa401:

It does of course Gasza, spent a lot of my time in Atkis one way or another over the years, but that picture is a bit lacking for my old eyes and there isn’t an enlargement facility. :wink: :slight_smile:

Sorry Spardo it’s an Atkinson my Dad sometimes drove when he was at Midlands Storage
I’m afraid I don’t posses a computer to give the picture a bit of a makeover
Hopefully some techno whizz on here may help
Cheers Gary [emoji106]

old photos.jpgVTU 291 E, This is what It looked like when I bougth It from Sellers & Kent. Regards Larry (Not My Picture).

gazsa401:

Spardo:

gazsa401:

Sorry Spardo it’s an Atkinson my Dad sometimes drove when he was at Midlands Storage
I’m afraid I don’t posses a computer to give the picture a bit of a makeover
Hopefully some techno whizz on here may help
Cheers Gary [emoji106]

With the dark colouring and being unable to see the name I wouldn’t have thought it was a Storage motor. Is the reg ‘C’ and does that make it 1964? If so a bit before my time, I was there in around '69 I think. :confused: So he would be a bit before me. He wasn’t one of the Bulwell Mafia was he? :laughing:

Also, as I remember it all the motors were cream and green, what colour would that one be?

Don’t apologise to me about showing me an Atki, I love 'em (and Fodens too :wink: ) only to all the others on this thread. :laughing: :laughing:

Suedehead:

A nice looking motor, they were big cabs anyway, so I imagine that was a fold down bunk. :question: