Fodens.

that was one for the green apprentices ( myself included ) told to adjust the brakes on the second steer . kept the fitters amused i suppose , they would have had the same in their time .

These Fodens had 6 LWs In,& had 5 speed g/boxes, The one with the tipper up was then fitted with a 12 speed two stick gear change, Regards Larry.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
I’ve had to make a spacer under the bags ( hendrickson ) make it look better as the bags were stretched ,the foot was at a bad angle .

That Fodens looking smart Dan, are you heading for Wick monday morning by any chance

How do you know that ? But no iam not ,is that Ken ?

Punchy Dan:
How do you know that ? But no iam not ,is that Ken ?

Can’t keep a secret ! obviously you are going to Wick then Dan’l :blush:

Actually iam going to Chiswick for 6 am with a skate board load .

kennybear:
That Fodens looking smart Dan, are you heading for Wick monday morning by any chance

Ken I took the machine for mot ,it’s back in the yard now awaiting you to collect I pressume ?

Mr Bewick doesn’t miss much does he ?, yes its Ken , been speaking to your Josh just couldn’t fit it in with drivers off for shrovetide and lorry off for M.O.T, thought youd got the job

Dave the Renegade:
There are threads on this forum that go on about the demise of Leyland and Bedford. Foden were far superior of either of those marques right up until Daf stopped producing them. I know a lot of operators who would still buy them if they were still in production.

I heard something amusing on the cb yesterday. A Smiths driver saying his 56 reg Alpha 6w wouldn’t pull up hills. Clearly an automatic attendant, that wagon has a Cat engine with a 16 speed 'box and went like a train when I drove it up Birdlip fully loaded. The key to getting the best is that splitter switch… :bulb:

image.jpg
image.jpg
From Bruce Punchard .

image.jpg
image.jpg
In France loading timber ,the Renault ? Is a V8 .

Punchy Dan:

I remember that in 1 of the magazines, journalist wrote that only Bruce & Lard were capable of driving it! Gonzo was on about suing them as it was him that was driving it in the photo shoot ha ha. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

andrewv8:

Punchy Dan:

I remember that in 1 of the magazines, journalist wrote that only Bruce & Lard were capable of driving it! Gonzo was on about suing them as it was him that was driving it in the photo shoot ha ha. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That XL cab has been laid in John and peters yard at sandbach for ages, not sure if it might be gone now

Punchy Dan:
From Bruce Punchard .

That reminds me of my Dads’ first unit after passing his class 1. Smiths had a day cabbed 4350, originally Cat powered but ■■■■■■■ fitted some experimental 14litre 500bhp engine into it either for free or a nominal amount. The unit was a G reg so I don’t know whether the engine went into production or not, but spares were a problem towards the end. It was replaced with an 02 Alpha when the next generation model came out with the CF cab.

Help please,on you tube,there is a clip of a foden 2strok. 8 wheeler on road test,it lasts about 8 mins.
I noticed very quick changes on the main box, question!! Is it syncro box?? And was/is he playing to the Camara?
I can imaging a hard noisey days work off that’s the case!
I’m not computer savy and unable to put a link up, thank you for any help.

Sounds like the handy work of trucknet member fleetmaster s95 .

Its a foden s21? Top of list, just had a look!! Cheers

youtube.com/watch?v=8Vhk1SRNqd8