Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

windrush:

ramone:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

What year did they stop producing that cab would it have been mid '70s , i’m sure H Campey had some that over lapped the S80 or am i mistakened?

If you mean the GRP S36/39 cabs they continued in production into the late 70’s as the Foden ‘Lightweight’ six wheeler chassis for mixer and tipper work used them. In 1976 we had a factory tour in the evening and the smell in the fibreglass shop where they had a few of those cabs being made took your breath away even though work had ceased a few hours before our visit. They were still producing limited numbers of the two stroke engines at that time as the Admiralty used them in their high speed launches.

Pete.

A customer of mine was the Navigating Officer in one of Her Majesty’s Ships, he related to me rather sadly about the delights of having his sleeping cabin which was either next to, or above, the Foden powered auxiliary generator. :smiley:

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Saw my first one of those in a sandpit somewhere in Leicestershire.

I remember looking up at it from my little Commer knocker artic and muttering, ‘Grandma, what big eyes you’ve got’ :laughing: :laughing:

Spardo:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I remember looking up at it from my little Commer knocker artic and muttering, 'Grandma, what big eyes you’ve got’ :lol: :laughing:

Big but useless! We added fog lamps fitted to the bumper and they were more effective. Later a circular panel was made available by Reg Knowles to replace the large lamps and fit two smaller ones like the S39’s etc, however we didn’t have any of those panels in our fleet.

Pete.

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I first saw one of these Fodens in 1973 when it was delivering a container to a place I was working at before joining the navy. I think it belonged to Freightliners. To me it was huge and I wondered what it would take to drive such a monster. When the driver got out of the cab he was about the height of Jimmy Clitheroe. I remember that as the point in my life when I decided that I would one day get a licence to drive artics (although I was only 16 at that time). My thoughts were “if that wee guy can drive that then so can I”.

windrush:

Spardo:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I remember looking up at it from my little Commer knocker artic and muttering, 'Grandma, what big eyes you’ve got’ :lol: :laughing:

Big but useless! We added fog lamps fitted to the bumper and they were more effective. Later a circular panel was made available by Reg Knowles to replace the large lamps and fit two smaller ones like the S39’s etc, however we didn’t have any of those panels in our fleet.

Pete.

Now you’re talking, I have always been a fan of twin headlights and bitterly regretted them going out of fashion. The ability to have the high beam at whatever height you want it without compromising legally the dip.

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

A powerful British truck or just advertising speak? Either way it still is a crying shame that all disappeared.

essexpete:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

A powerful British truck or just advertising speak? Either way it still is a crying shame that all disappeared.

You may find this article from 1980 intresting.

Click on pages twice to read.

Buzzer