Fodens.

Visited Sandbach indoor market yesterday, 24th November 2022, there is a lady there each week, she has folders full of Foden photographs, she is asking £5 for each black / white photo and £1 each for the more modern coloured photo’s, this has obviously been somebody’s lifelong collection.

She also has lots of old wagon badges in glass cases.

Just for the information of anyone interested and passing the market which is held on a Thursday.

Regards

John

J.F.G:
Visited Sandbach indoor market yesterday, 24th November 2022, there is a lady there each week, she has folders full of Foden photographs, she is asking £5 for each black / white photo and £1 each for the more modern coloured photo’s, this has obviously been somebody’s lifelong collection.

Just for the information of anyone interested and passing the market which is held on a Thursday.

Regards

John

I Like it, Can you post me the address please, Larry.

Buzzer

Lawrence Dunbar:

J.F.G:

Regards

John

Hello Larry
Sandbach Market Hall, High Street Sandbach Cheshire CW11 1AX.

I did a bit of digging on the internet, and there is a video of the market hall, the lady is there on Thursday and Saturday, and goes under the name of W.J.S Collectibles, Tel 07796600122, E mail, wjscollectibles.co.uk , she is in the main hall itself, not the outside stalls.

The beauty of Sandbach is the fact all the car parks, and there a quite a few are FREE to park !!!

Happy hunting

John

J.F.G:

Lawrence Dunbar:

J.F.G:

Regards

John

Hello Larry

I did a bit of digging on the internet, and there is a video of the market hall, the lady is there on Thursday and Saturday, and goes under the name of W.J.S Collectibles, Tel 07796600122, E mail, wjscollectibles.co.uk , she is in the main hall itself, not the outside stalls.

The beauty of Sandbach is the fact all the car parks, and there a quite a few are FREE to park !!!

Happy hunting

John

Hi John back in the '60s parked up on the market place many a time with digs at The Iron Grey pub mine host then was Mr Stallard.
Oily

oiltreader:

J.F.G:

Lawrence Dunbar:

J.F.G:

Regards

John

Hello Larry

Happy hunting

John

Hi John back in the '60s parked up on the market place many a time with digs at The Iron Grey pub mine host then was Mr Stallard.
Oily

Hello Oily

The Iron Grey pub is no more sadly, the building is still there but now been changed into apartments.

CHS-1002-74201-iron-grey-sandbach.jpg

Froggy55:
S21?

Yes; a late one. The kerbside window seems to have been peculiar to Tate & Lyle, as my own S21 has one too; it was originally a Liverpool bulk tanker.

oiltreader:

J.F.G:

Lawrence Dunbar:

J.F.G:

Regards

John

Hello Larry

Happy hunting

John

Hi John back in the '60s parked up on the market place many a time with digs at The Iron Grey pub mine host then was Mr Stallard. Thanks for the info , I will visit Sandbach in the near future I have a Niece that lives in Stoke on Trent So I can visit her at the same time & stay there overnight, Larry
Oily

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Hello Buzzer …smashing shot of the Gwynn Bowen Fodens …loaded with cable drums from the former AWCCplant at Port Tennant Swansea …they did a lot of this work …much for Scotland …backloading with fire bricks for the furnaces back in South Wales …Geraint

Buzzer

316551579_515827740586519_6064842476454961663_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Joe Shepherd & Son was a local family tipper operator from Endmoor nr Kendal it was run by three Brothers, all friends of mine, Alan, Ian & Barry and their sister Gill’s husband Bernard who drove a fourth tipper for a number of years before starting work at Bewick Transport shunting in the Paper Mill. The brothers have all retired now but were a decent set of hard working Lads who ran an immaculate fleet and in the final years they more or less ran on contract to Border Aggregates of Carnforth a firm that was started and built up by a Chap called Terry Billington who I had known for many years from the time he was Transport Manager at Broombys a local Builders Merchant who were eventually bought out by Travis Perkins. Cheers Bewick.

Donny bypass June 2021 credit to Richard Says for the photo.
Oily

Buzzer

Buzzer

kenfig bill:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Hello Buzzer …smashing shot of the Gwynn Bowen Fodens …loaded with cable drums from the former AWCCplant at Port Tennant Swansea …they did a lot of this work …much for Scotland …backloading with fire bricks for the furnaces back in South Wales …Geraint

Thanks for that Bill. As a Carmarthen resident (and Foden owner) myself this is valuable information on this long-gone local firm.

Buzzer