Fodens.

essexpete:
What is the 8 wheeler further up with an Atkinson-esque cab? Never seen a photo of one like that.

Yes, I was wondering about that but couldn’t think how to put it. Atkinsonesque, that’s the way to do it. :wink: :laughing:

essexpete wrote:

What is the 8 wheeler further up with an Atkinson-esque cab? Never seen a photo of one like that.

Its a Foden S. 20 cab but had a screen change either a Boalloy or Cravens Homalloy, I would think done by Cravens Homalloy as they also did AEC Mercury’s with the same screens which actually have more of a lower curve to them than those fitted to Atkinsons. Here’s a couple of pics with Homalloy built cabs. Franky.

AEC and Albion.jpg

Geordielad:
essexpete wrote:

Its a Foden S. 20 cab but had a screen change either a Boalloy or Cravens Homalloy, I would think done by Cravens Homalloy as they also did AEC Mercury’s with the same screens which actually have more of a lower curve to them than those fitted to Atkinsons. Here’s a couple of pics with Homalloy built cabs. Franky.

Thanks Geordielad. Is that an Albion with the AEC? The AEC looks the most stylish out of the 3 (IMHO).

Buzzer

Before n after, does anyone know where she is now?

FB_IMG_1659170524556.jpg

Buzzer

Buzzer

297519189_163361702907924_5081125571039078833_n.jpg

Is it me, but is there a variation with the S21 cab with front lower wing and bumper height. Makes a difference to the whole look. Some seemed to have more chrome lines as well.

Buzzer

Buzzer

The Barlow & Hodgkinson T reg foden was driven by Jeff Hill,the picture was taken at the grouse inn car park darley dale nr matlock

coomsey:
Before n after, does anyone know where she is now?

don’t know where she is now…but i remember being stuck behind her a few times :laughing: David Cooper was a lovely chap.

Buzzer

296172732_10229350424326786_875916412526860960_n.jpg

Buzzer

Interesting!

Froggy55:
Interesting!

Very. Any idea what year that interview was Buzzer? Mention of 67mph makes some sort of an idea. :smiley:

Buzzer

Buzzer

298214296_5375820345828101_8640042254901007912_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I could never understand why London Brick 'specc’d single drive 8 wheelers ? Unless they always insisted that they only delivered onto hard ground ? But I wonder how often a JCB towed them off a site / Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I could never understand why London Brick 'specc’d single drive 8 wheelers ? Unless they always insisted that they only delivered onto hard ground ? But I wonder how often a JCB towed them off a site / Cheers Bewick.

Do think that might have been large company accounting?