Flour Millers

It’s just on the corner of the B4348 and Lion Street so it’s not too bad. Lift the rear axle and make everyone wait while I reverse in. Nice and quiet though at 7am. Do you know if lorries can overnight in the big car park in Hay? Wales was a night out run a while ago so always good to know of a good ■■■■■■■■■■■■.

Muckaway:
It’s just on the corner of the B4348 and Lion Street so it’s not too bad. Lift the rear axle and make everyone wait while I reverse in. Nice and quiet though at 7am. Do you know if lorries can overnight in the big car park in Hay? Wales was a night out run a while ago so always good to know of a good ■■■■■■■■■■■■.

Used to be half full of lorries up until a few years ago Nathan. Hay on Wye was a changeover place for the South Wales firms who employed a lot of drivers from the area. It used to have Entrss, Blue Line, John Evans and others all parked there, so you should be OK.
Cheers Dave.

This is mine, taken today in Bacup.

don’t complain nathan , somebody has to go to backup ( godforsaken hole that it is ) . i used to have a drop up there with cement , blindside reverse off a narrow lane with all the local yokels trying to squeeze round the trailer .

rigsby:
don’t complain nathan , somebody has to go to backup ( godforsaken hole that it is ) . i used to have a drop up there with cement , blindside reverse off a narrow lane with all the local yokels trying to squeeze round the trailer .

That drop’s alright, a forklift one. They love their shoe wholesalers up there. I noticed several in some of the rundown old mills.

That’s a tidy looking wagon Nathan. Not very old on a 61 plate.
Cheers Dave.

Muckaway:
No Dave, mine’s a '61 reg so still one of the newest.(space cab). The contract hire trucks are going back and the oldest two Dafs (a 54 and an 05) will be kept for the relief drivers. The 54 is close to the 1m km mark.
I was in your neck of the woods at the crack of dawn today, a 1t handball drop in Hay on Wye. Then over to Neath and Swansea for the rest of the day. Upto Bacup and Newton Heath tomorrow.

Hi Nathan,
And you send it the furthest seen today

Cheers Malc

Where was that taken Malc? I think that’s a relief driver on that as the regular driver’s on holiday. He gets the other 14plate in a couple of weeks and that 54 will be a spare for reliefs and agency drivers.

Muckaway:
Where was that taken Malc? I think that’s a relief driver on that as the regular driver’s on holiday. He gets the other 14plate in a couple of weeks and that 54 will be a spare for reliefs and agency drivers.

Hi Nathan,
Too far for you, Ingleton North Yorkshire

Cheers Malc.

Anyone who does this job is mentally retarded or desperate financially,pure handball all the way with no second man with trucks that get run into the ground.One of the worst jobs around. :open_mouth: :angry: :unamused:

shirtbox2003:
Anyone who does this job is mentally retarded or desperate financially,pure handball all the way with no second man with trucks that get run into the ground.One of the worst jobs around. :open_mouth: :angry: :unamused:

I couldn’t get around the physical side for ages and went back tipper driving. Then after shovelling a couple of tonne in the rain, going backwards and forwards to the same place, being spoken and treated like you’re retarded, I jumped at the chance to come back to flour deliveries. Different area of the UK everyday, choose the order I deliver it in and good money too. No stupid bonuses that are dreamt up by the person doing the wages, and no crap hourly rate topped up with “allowances” to keep the wage bill down.
Free keep fit sessions too. :wink:

good steady job that nathan , i did 7 years with 2 of those loads every week on an arctic . i kicked it into touch when i was 58 , found a steady job on bricks and tippers to ease me into retirement . i enjoyed it , made some good friends through it and never went short of pies and cakes , cheers , dave

(Officially) I don’t have any handball tomorrow as I’m doing pumptruck and forklift jobs around Uxbridge and Park Royal. That could change as I’ve 8 pallets to pumptruck off at the first job which’ll mean little room to turn the pallet around. Add to the fact they’re those God awful plastic things that like to slide around on tail lifts.

horrible plastic pallets , the drawback to the job , especially when ranks put the polythene liners under the bags . every corner you went round the curtains would bulge on side or the other . i suppose they have to put slip mats under them now .

I like to run the pumptrucks jockey wheel straight off the taillift quite a lot, but with 1t on plastics I might have to resort to swearing, and hoping that the cleaners do more than just stand and watch (a lot of bakery staff do just this I’ve noticed).

All them bakery bods are in total awe of your skill with the pump truck.
You should pass the hat round every time they stop and stare.

Retired Old ■■■■:
All them bakery bods are in total awe of your skill with the pump truck.
You should pass the hat round every time they stop and stare.

Especially when they wash an already smooth floor, not long after you’ve arrived.

You’ve got no sense of adventure, matey. I reckon you’ve got all wimpish since you’ve spent a few months sitting in a cab and pulling a lever. :unamused: :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
… sitting in a cab and pulling a lever. :unamused: :wink:

Oooh, matron, please! :laughing:
Almost made it back to the mill in 4.5 hours driving so just having a break at Eynsham, I’ll be indoors about 1.30pm. :sunglasses:

You cant rely on curtain sides rigsby,all loads should be secured. :open_mouth: :confused: :unamused: