Flip flops at it again?

Concretejim:
Use your mirrors easy does it, job done.

^

No reason there why the truck driver shouldn’t have been aware of the car joining from the entry slip on the left then as it pulled out to overtake on the right then apply the usual blind spot logic of saw it alongside but haven’t seen it come through where is it and until I’m sure that it’s gone through I’m not going to make any lane change.Also I’d have been in lane 2 there anyway long before reaching the entry slip road.Too much potential for aggro by staying in lane 1 at entry or even exit slip roads.To be fair insufficient use of mirrors is a general issue nothing to do with East Euros exclusively or specifically.

Good reactions from the driver with the footage. Shows some people are paying attention when driving

Good advice is to get past the Euros as quick as possible, well it didnt work for me on the A1 a few years ago when four of them where travelling nose to tail so I put me foot down in my car to pass them asap and got flashed by a bloody speed camera … :frowning:

Should the blind spot warning thing BLIS become law on trucks? I know it would take many years to happen but remember at one time seat belts weren’t law either

raymundo:
Good advice is to get past the Euros as quick as possible, well it didnt work for me on the A1 a few years ago when four of them where travelling nose to tail so I put me foot down in my car to pass them asap and got flashed by a bloody speed camera … :frowning:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Are we allowed to highlight folk involved in rti’s who may not be wearing flip-flops at said time of RTI.
Sometimes drivers wear steel toe capped boots and are also involved in RTIs.
Why the flip flop reference?

The trouble is, as I was trying to explain to a friend recently, its easy to miss the odd car when its busy and you’ve got 6 mirrors to monitor plus watching the traffic ahead. Something we all experience daily.

If people insist on getting down the sides then there will be accidents, but of course more often than not its all our fault automatically apparently. About time people realised we’re not magicians, esp those driving very small cars like Citroen C1 size who seem to be the worst offenders.

Of course there’s also simply bad driving from trucks too, but an adverting campaign on tv would go a long way to reducing the other incidents and concentrate resources on eliminating bad driving.

chester:
Are we allowed to highlight folk involved in rti’s who may not be wearing flip-flops at said time of RTI.
Sometimes drivers wear steel toe capped boots and are also involved in RTIs.
Why the flip flop reference?

They saw this this thread

Living outside Dover we get probably the highest concentration of left hookers in the UK , as you can imagine we have lots of bumps involving foreign vehicles and they invariably involve local people who should really be aware of the limitations of visiting vehicles .
As most drivers have zero concideration for or even awareness of the other drivers around them are we supprised by these accidents.
I was always taught when learning to drive that everyone else on the road is an idiot trying to kill you . Later driving courses taught me to always leave room and have an escape route.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk